android
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 PM

Default battery poor performance?

of course, i let it charged full until the cowon indicate that it has beencharged fully.

got my cowon 3 days ago,when will it reach its full capacity because i have recharged the battery like 4-5 times now
The resolution of the videos are 480 x 272 and is avi.

Volume 13
brightness 6

battery life was 6 hours

Last edited by maikon; 07-31-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM

You don't say how long it lasts...

Brightness 12? Mine only goes to 6.

Anyway at those conditions I'd get around 6-7 hours.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 PM

ytes sorry i got exactly 6 hours

Old 07-31-2009, 05:11 PM

the volume you listen at as well as any EQ/sound things you may have turned on will have an impact.

but its true you cant generally get that much video time out of it. 6 still seems a bit low (but I doubt many can get 10)

Old 07-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Are we talking about the S9? I was able to get 9+ hours straight playing videos with bluetooth on but not being used and another hour of audio on top of that. I get bored trying to keep track of audio hours because it takes so long before needing a recharge. Give your S9 a few weeks to break in the battery. Once you're over how pretty the screen looks start turning it off after starting a song to play. You'll be up to 50 hours audio soon.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:29 PM

no,i had eq. bbee disabled that time.
Yes talking about s9
Hm, olley can i ask what video settings did you use?
is it possible you can upload the videos you watched for 9 hours so i can try it on my cowon see if its the same?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I get bored trying to keep track of audio hours because it takes so long before needing a recharge.
Wow. Lucky you.

I charge mine daily.

Creative MuVo TX FM | MPIO One | Sansa Clip | iAudio 6 | Cowon D2 (2) | S9 | J3

Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Are we talking about the S9? I was able to get 9+ hours straight playing videos with bluetooth on but not being used and another hour of audio on top of that. I get bored trying to keep track of audio hours because it takes so long before needing a recharge. Give your S9 a few weeks to break in the battery. Once you're over how pretty the screen looks start turning it off after starting a song to play. You'll be up to 50 hours audio soon.
agreed.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphaillife View Post
agreed.
Same here, as it (my S9) just keeps on playing!!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:36 PM

I got my Cowon S9 a few days ago and now I'm required to charge it daily. I get around only 11 hours of audio alone at volume 20, brightness 6, and BME sound. I thought it said 55 hours of audio. Will the battery capacity increase the more that I use it. I hear that after a few weeks of usage, the battery gets longer, is that true?

Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavid_Le View Post
I got my Cowon S9 a few days ago and now I'm required to charge it daily. I get around only 11 hours of audio alone at volume 20, brightness 6, and BME sound. I thought it said 55 hours of audio. Will the battery capacity increase the more that I use it. I hear that after a few weeks of usage, the battery gets longer, is that true?
testing conditions for 55 hours is (for the 90th time), brightness 4, volume 15, and NO bbe.

however your 11 hours is quite sad. my brightness is 3, volume 12, bbe all on and i get over 35 hours. i charge it about once every 3 to 4 days. (yes i use it constantly)

Old 08-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Yea.. like is there a defect in my mp3 player of something? I'm kind of paranoid now but since I just got it, i hear that you should warm the player for like a week or so until the battery kicks in. Is that true?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:53 PM

so i let my cowon play for 42 hours non stop with 320kbps song only and bbe off.

iim not sure thats good result

i did have bluetooth off and had fully recharged before i started the test

Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikon View Post
so i let my cowon play for 42 hours non stop with 320kbps song only and bbe off.

The factory claims are always made with 128 kbps songs, so I think 42 hours with 320kbps is pretty good.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikon View Post

i think... that's... really good

Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavid_Le View Post
Yea.. like is there a defect in my mp3 player of something? I'm kind of paranoid now but since I just got it, i hear that you should warm the player for like a week or so until the battery kicks in. Is that true?
I believe you've gotten a defective S9, so return it for a new 1. There's no way you should be getting such crappy battery life, no way at all. I can use mine for 2 weeks between charges - go figure.

Seriously, exchange it ASAP!!!! It's defective.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I believe you've gotten a defective S9, so return it for a new 1. There's no way you should be getting such crappy battery life, no way at all. I can use mine for 2 weeks between charges - go figure.

Seriously, exchange it ASAP!!!! It's defective.
Really!?! TWO WEEKS? Are you slightly exaggerating, or are your S9 use patterns not very frequent? Or is the battery life really that good on yours? I have yet to get mine back and test myself.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 PM

Of course some people will get poor battery life compared to others, but it's relative. The battery life is directly dependent on how much you do anything besides play music with the screen turned off. The screen takes A LOT of power and the brighter you have the screen set, the more juice it takes. I have mine set to 1 and for me, that's adequate 99% of the time. If you leave the screen on while playing music or make continual adjustments to your player or playlists, demo the S9 to your friends, etc. you will experience greatly diminished battery life.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

In the 2 weeks I'll use my S9 around 40 or better hrs. If I add video to the mix, it's a week and a half. My battery was only topped by my D2 - that's it. And, no, I'm not BS'ing.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:39 PM

Anyhow I retested my Cowon S9 again with this time video playback. It lasted 7.5 hours straight playing continuously a 50 minute documentary with BBE on and brightness of 6 at volume 20. Is that a reasonable battery consumption life for the S9? I don't want to exchange it for reasons that I have read that those that sent it back either gotten defective S9, lower memory capacity or worst battery life.