android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2009, 11:42 PM

Default The "frozen Creative logo" dilemma

Last week, my Zen MicroPhoto, which had worked perfectly fine for a good couple years decided to freeze on the "Creative" logo screen after being powered up. Ive tried to do everything in the recovery mode to save it, but no matter what I do (format harddrive, cleanup, reinstall firmware), the battery dies out before anything can be done. It boggles my mind as to how long the recovery features take to execute. Ive tried this with my old battery and the new battery, but I have no success either way. I understand this issue has been beaten to death on here, but I am at the point beyond frustration, and I dont have a lot of spare time to be screwing around with this thing. I tried that so-called "solution" that someone had posted on here, involving uninstalling all creative software and media player 11, but that doesnt really solve anything for me. I think the other issue is that my pc doesnt recognize the Zen anymore when I connect it to the USB port, so that nice new firmware upgrade I downloaded wont do any good right now. So, I dont know, does anyone happen to know if this situation I have is beyond hope of recovery, or is there some trick I am not aware of? I appreciate any help with this issue. I know the best experienced experts are on here. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]