android
Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 AM

Default My powerfull setup

Hey, here is my setup and something special in it . My favorite player is sansa fuze, just love it, because of the SD expansion slot, iriver l-player is very nice too, and i'm not talking about another two :lol: but the most important thing is my home made portable sound system

And that how it looks from inside, this needs nice finish , but i'm not looking to inside so decided to leave like that:

It may look like it's not comfortable to carry it, but it is, even more than it was before modification , only minus is that is not sounding well while it's on your back, but you can carry on one hand.

And anyway it is very very very loud, you can hear it from 100 meters away with no problem

Headphones:

Big ones PHILIPS SHP2700 sounds reeeaaaaly great, just outstanding, and they are very comfortable by the way.

Small ones, SONY, is for city, they sound pretty good too, but I bought them before 3 years, and thinking about buying new ones.

And that strange ones they are made by my self, for secret listening, like in school, you can put then on, and nobody will see them, especially with longer hair.

But I'm still looking for good player, maybe cowon s9, but I don't like special connection and no expansion slot

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Banned

Nice, but that must piss people off when you're waiting at a bus-stop.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:00 AM

People are enjoying

Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Me - I'd love it!

Good to see DIY! How big are those speakers? (width and depth) and how did you manage to get the insulation off those (special) headphones?

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome to ABi!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 AM

Speakers maybe 15-20cm, what do you mean isolation? If it is about wires, they are isolated by fin layer of varnish.

EDIT: and by the way bag could play up to 2 - 3 days, ~6h a day.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

How do you power that, just from the players?

Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 PM

It will suck out players battery very fast, it has 7000mAh battery and 50W amplifier, 2x100W speakers. By the way sound-bag is not draining player battery at all, like headphones, player would probably last 5 times longer with sound-bag then the headphones.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM

is that a gainclone / chip amp built on the circuit board behind those speakers?

Old 07-30-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
I'd ask him if he could put on my tunes, or throw down a beat for a random break-dancing session! (Even though I can't breakdance )

Holy a 50W amp?! 4xChannel or 2xChannel? That's a sick set-up. I'd probably be using those mini 12V batteries lol.
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 07-30-2009, 04:37 PM

No that's is not a gainclone it needs to much voltage +-25, I'm using TDA1554 that's is very good chip, it can be used as 4x11W or 2x22W, but I pump it up to 100W with preamp, and then he needs all that big heat sink

My battery is Pb so it's have weight (1kg), but i chose it because it's really cheap, ~15$, for that battery in Li-Po i'd spend ~100$ at least, like i said battery is lasting for days.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Editor

Congrats! your hack made it to the front page... http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...ack-pack-1.php

Old 09-16-2009, 11:02 PM

Cool I would have never thought of that lol.. Great idea

Old 09-19-2009, 07:06 AM

I'm realy surprised about my bag being in first page

Old 09-20-2009, 01:06 AM

Hey man! Awesome hack. I would love to have one of those!

I'm terrible with wiring, I'd probably have a hard time putting this together. Is there any way that you could list all the specific parts that you used?

You said the chip was TDA1554, and the battery was PB right? What about the heatsink and other components?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 AM

Most complicated thing in bag is amplifier, although it's one of most simple amplifiers try googling TDA1554, heatsink depends on how loud and long you will go on it, battery is PB, but you can use any battery that's from 11V to 18V, all other things are not important like Bluetooth, player charging, volume control and so on... All schematics is just amplifier scheme if don't want to make some "special" things that I mentioned before.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 AM

Awesome work, Dobson.

I don't mean to call you out, steal your spotlight, or anything of the sort.
Just wanted to link to this for anyone else interested in making something similar (I know I am):
http://www.instructables.com/id/Boom-Bag/
Also: http://www.instructables.com/id/Backpack-Stereo/

Very nice hack

Old 09-20-2009, 02:09 PM

Cool I didin't know that there is other people that made bag like this, except my neighbor, but when you think this is cool idea and lot's of people probably already become with it. Personally my bag was all from my head and I am in progress of second version.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 PM

I don't doubt that for a second.. and to be honest, I think your bag came out way cooler than those links I posted.
I'm looking forward to seeing the second version. I think I'm going to give this DIY a go.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:15 AM

Hey everybody, I got some news, at first I bought Sansa Fuze! I destroyed my first one and after half a year I didin't find anything else than it, only difference is that now i bought red one, it looks so beautiful...

Second thing is that after few days of work I finally finished my soundbag v2! My camera is dead now so I'll uploud photos later.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:28 AM

@ Dobson, congrats and looking forward to seeing the v2 version

@ Noam, Iíve been looking at instructables web site for a while, itís got some good ideas, Iíve built a few laptop stands after looking at theirs but later deviated substantially from theirs and actually like mine better, my point itís a cool web site

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc