android
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM

Default Apple Users Don't See it

Having the discussion at work with an Iphone user on the benefits of AMOLED on the S9, even after showing side by side comparision of the S9's screen with the drab, limited viewing angle Iphone, he says he sees no difference in fact the Iphone is better.. Do all Apple users have love goggles on ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 PM

Yes.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsully View Post
Genius!

the best is not to give attention to applefanboys, they thrive on the attention they get and it is all they have (besides an empty wallet) , so if you take that away they will sob and buy something decent (hopefully)

Last edited by aki; 07-29-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Leave it to the Onion they are always spot on.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:07 PM

My co-worker has an ipod classic 240Gb. When I heard 240, I asked how much stuff he has on there. He couldn't say, so I asked what percent of free space he has. He still didn't know. But he argued that he couldn't have anything less than that because he hates swapping stuff on and off. He said this way, he can put his entire music collection and video collection on his ipod and will hardly ever have to connect it to the PC.

He said he wanted the best of the best, and the ipod was the best name out there and the 240 was the most space he could get. Then he laughed at my 16gb cowon s9. I asked to see his classic, I picked it up (almost dropped it cause it was so heavy) and first thing I notice is all the scratches. Being the nice person I am, I wasn't rude about it, but I had to show him how light the S9 was, so loaded up Kung Fu and gave it to him. He didn't blink for about a minute, with jaw open, I could tell he was impressed. Then his only response was "wow, technology keeps advancing". I laughed and said "yeah for some companies" and walked away.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29 View Post
My co-worker has an ipod classic 240Gb. When I heard 240, I asked how much stuff he has on there. He couldn't say, so I asked what percent of free space he has. He still didn't know.
Unless if your co-worker's iPod was modded the current highest capacity in productin is 120GB. Mine is 160GB, but at my time of purchase it was in production. The 240 was never in production.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 PM

Apple in my opinion is a shell, that's once your in, they brainwash you to think there is nothing that comes close to there product. Its funny to hear & see some of the brainwashed people out there in the IPOD/APPLE world.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
My co-worker has an ipod classic 240Gb. When I heard 240, I asked how much stuff he has on there. He couldn't say, so I asked what percent of free space he has. He still didn't know. But he argued that he couldn't have anything less than that because he hates swapping stuff on and off. He said this way, he can put his entire music collection and video collection on his ipod and will hardly ever have to connect it to the PC.

He said he wanted the best of the best, and the ipod was the best name out there and the 240 was the most space he could get. Then he laughed at my 16gb cowon s9. I asked to see his classic, I picked it up (almost dropped it cause it was so heavy) and first thing I notice is all the scratches. Being the nice person I am, I wasn't rude about it, but I had to show him how light the S9 was, so loaded up Kung Fu and gave it to him. He didn't blink for about a minute, with jaw open, I could tell he was impressed. Then his only response was "wow, technology keeps advancing". I laughed and said "yeah for some companies" and walked away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
Unless if your co-worker's iPod was modded the current highest capacity in productin is 120GB. Mine is 160GB, but at my time of purchase it was in production. The 240 was never in production.
I was about to ask myself. I was in a state of awe!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 AM

That would explain why he couldn't tell you how much stuff was on it!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned

What I've found amongst people I know is that it is mainly men who are into tech and will want something better than Apple, and mainly women who are really into their i-pods.

I know this generalises, but there aren't too many women on abi, either.

Last edited by Dreamnine; 07-30-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
That would explain why he couldn't tell you how much stuff was on it!
Right.. I could have sworn he said "240". Either I mis-heard him or he was confused. He acts like he's knowledgable, but some things he's said about computers, I think he's off. He was talking about hard drives one day, and said his old 40gb hard drive is way too small, he could only fit windows xp and 1 or 2 games and that was it. I don't know much about PC games but those would have to be some big games right?

Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The "240GB iPod" is indeed possible, and it is a mod, as musichound suggested.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7...CmoreStories.0

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/3119...mk2431gah.html

Old 07-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The "240GB iPod" is indeed possible, and it is a mod, as musichound suggested.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7...CmoreStories.0

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/3119...mk2431gah.html
I know, I've done a 100gb w/an iPod 4th Gen.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Right.. I could have sworn he said "240". Either I mis-heard him or he was confused. He acts like he's knowledgable, but some things he's said about computers, I think he's off. He was talking about hard drives one day, and said his old 40gb hard drive is way too small, he could only fit windows xp and 1 or 2 games and that was it. I don't know much about PC games but those would have to be some big games right?
nah its accurate if he is playing some MMORPGs like age of conan it takes like 27 gig of space if memory serves
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)

Old 08-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
What I've found amongst people I know is that it is mainly men who are into tech and will want something better than Apple, and mainly women who are really into their i-pods.

I know this generalises, but there aren't too many women on abi, either.

I'm a woman.

Whenever I rattle off info about my S9 to my sister, though, she gets an enormous question mark over her head. Hehe.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know many (young) people that spent $240 or more on an MP3 player and will admit it's not as good as something a friend shows them. We all grow love goggles for our own possessions when discussing them with friends. It's human nature. We'll bash our own stuff online though, mainly because we're anonymous and forum "friends" aren't really competition like real friends are.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I don't know many (young) people that spent $240 or more on an MP3 player and will admit it's not as good as something a friend shows them. We all grow love goggles for our own possessions when discussing them with friends. It's human nature. We'll bash our own stuff online though, mainly because we're anonymous and forum "friends" aren't really competition like real friends are.
And a lot of people are too proud to admit they were dumb enough to pay that kind of money for a P.O.S.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:34 PM

You just know his research to find "the Best" was:

RandomTechGuy1: Hey lil buddy what's that walkman thingy you have there?

Random6yrOld: It's my Ipod, it's the Best

RandomTechGuy1: Oh ipods must be the best walkmans now, I think I shall purchase one from the tech savy pimple faced kid at BB who can't pull up his pants

Scoreboard
Steve Jobs 1, RandomTechGuy1 0

Old 08-04-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Olley
Meh...I won't admit that my $240 S9 is worse than something else because it either has more features or worse media playback. The only thing I might consider admitting was better than my S9 would be the X1000.

But I must admit, the ignorance of iPod users simply astounds me sometimes. A person walked up to my friend, took one look at his Fuze, and proclaimed his iPod to be better.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 AM

I have to confess, I KINDA wish I had waited for the new Creative Zii Egg. The SDHC card slot and WiFi are huge pluses that the S9 could have had to make me rush out and buy it sooner (even though I got it the day it came in stock where I was at the time).

I just have to remind myself that the S9 has a wicked AMOLED screen, customisable interface (Claw, you're awesome), and I don't have to convert video formats.

But yes, back on topic, I have a friend who recently got an iPhoney, and when I found out she couldn't use Bluetooth, or even send / receive MMS', I had to laugh. My gf wanted one until I told her about this too.