Creative Zii is Real and Final
I know there's already been a thread regarding the pre-release notions of the Zii. Just wanted to start a new one with the final details of the Zii Egg.
Anyways, I know it may look and feel a lot like an iTouch, but I just want to highlight some noticeable features of the Zii Egg which will definitely make it overthrow the iTouch and other iPOD devices.
Best features (I think) over iTouch:
-a version of Android optimized for the Zii chip
-Plaszma development kit (open-source OS with C++ support (compared to Google Android's Java)
-Zii chip (fast Creative stem-cell computing)
-Creative's X-fi Sound Enhancement Technology
-SDHDC Slot (32GB built-in+32GB SD=64GB)
-Dual cameras (HD and VGA)
-built-in speaker and microphone
Best part is that this device is starting off with a retail price of $199USD (cheaper than the cheapest iTouch).
Checkout more at the Official Zii Egg Site
You can also checkout a Youtube demo here.
More specs (as featured on Epizenter.net):
Zii Egg Specs:
• Capacitive 10-point multi-gesture touch display
• 3.5” 320x480 true-color display
• Up to 32GB internal plus SDHC slot (supports up to 32GB of external SDHC Card)
• Supports: MP3, WMA, AAC, WMV, H.264, MPEG-4, AVI, and MOV (These are unconfirmed codecs for now)
• X-Fi audio processing
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• 3-axis Accelerometer
• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
• Hardware GPS receiver
• 32MB NOR (Linux Kernel Boot ROM)
• 256MB Mobile DDR RAM
• Supports 720p and 1080p HDTVs via HD cable
•Headphone socket, built-in speaker and microphone
• Dual cameras
- Forward facing HD camera
- Rear facing VGA camera
• 1200mAH rechargeable lithium-ion
• 115 x 62 x 12 mm (108grams)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.