android
Old 07-24-2009, 01:28 PM

Default Tell Sansa Support what you want (particularly Gapless)

I hope that instead of only posting here what you'd like to see in upcoming firmware, all of us Fuze users are going to the Sansa support site, opening a support ticket, and letting them know you want it. We can all post forum updates all day long about, for example, how much we want gapless playback, but if we don't make this known in great numbers to Sansa, it's not going to happen.

So go here:

http://www.sansa.com/support/sansa_fuze/faqs

And in the contact area on the right, input your name, email address, and politely and clearly explain to Sansa how you'd like them to improve the Fuze.

A few days back, I put in this request:

"I would like to request the addition of gapless playback support on the Sansa Fuze. Is there any plan to incorporate gapless support into upcoming Fuze firmware releases?"

A day or so later, I received this reply from Sandisk:

"Unfortunately "gapless playback" is not yet supported on all Sansa Player's. I have forwarded your suggestion to the proper personnel for review.

As of now, we cannot give you any precise answer concerning the matter you have presented but rest assured that the assigned department will greatly consider it for our product improvement."

I don't expect that this will result in gapless playback being added in the very next firmware (or perhaps at all), but it certainly does more than simply wishing for it on a forum. The more of us that do this, the more likely it is that Sansa/Sandisk will make it happen.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2009, 01:32 PM

Or if you have a v1, just rockbox it

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
"Unfortunately "gapless playback" is not yet supported on all Sansa Player's. I have forwarded your suggestion to the proper personnel for review.
yeah he forwarded it alright....right into the trash bin!. Like me take Walkgood's advice and Rockbox your Fuze when it becomes public.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 07-25-2009, 10:30 AM

I'll submit a ticket... and just watch.. I'll get the same carbon copy reply... I doubt anyone even read your message.. probably just sorted by keyword and the replies were sent out by the same server.

EDIT: But, just in case it's actually read.. I'll mention the gapless competition and how I would like to purchase one of their players for this reason.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmasterflash View Post
I don't expect that this will result in gapless playback being added in the very next firmware (or perhaps at all), but it certainly does more than simply wishing for it on a forum. The more of us that do this, the more likely it is that Sansa/Sandisk will make it happen.
This won't make a difference. The gapless wish has been posted ad infinitum on the Sansa forums,even last fall when I got my Fuze, and still is....so they obviously know people want it.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 AM

Look, you don't have to convince me on Rockbox. I love Rockbox and have used it on other devices, but at the moment I have a v2 Sansa. As soon as Rockbox is solid for v2, I'm there.

As I said, I don't expect gapless to come along in the Fuze firmware just because I opened a support ticket, but the point is that putting all your hopes in forum posts that only other Fuze geeks read has nothing to do with making it happen.

Yes, this probably won't "make a difference" as the consensus here seems to have decided, but it's certainly better than posting a million "I'd love to have gapless... wheeeee!" forum posts.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:01 PM

And maybe I should mention, as someone who works in support for a major software/services company that has user forums:

No one at Sandisk gives a crap about those Sansa Fuze forums. You can post how much you want gapless all day long in their forums, but they do not care. They put forums out there so that the user community can solve their own problems and not bother their in-house support team. The forums allow them to do less support work.

However, opening a support ticket requires *someone* to do *something* - depending on the quality of the support the company is providing (which, in the case of personal music devices, is admittedly pretty weak), they should actually be forwarding these feature requests to a development team. If a huge amount of users request it, the dev team should make it happen.

This is the ideal scenario of course, and not at all indicative of what will happen here, but all I'm say is: if you want it, tell the people that work at Sandisk, not other Sansa users.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Thanks, that was easy. Just clicked on your link and gave them my throw away email address. reworded your request slightly and sent it. Took 2 minutes at most. Never can tell, maybe if the dev team gets bugged by enough people they might throw it into a firmware update.

Hadn't thought to go to the Support team. Just might be a more effective way to bitch about gapless.

DaveMac-MS says the Support side is expensive. Let's cost them enough so they fix it to cut their expenses!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, as I only have a few gapless albums, I took the proactive approach.....and made them gapless myself. There will be those who say you shouldn't have to, etc., but it made more sense to me to do it myself, and actually see results, than to endlessly complain with no resolution like everyone else. I wish you luck though.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 PM

All I ask is for something as simple as using any picture for wallpaper.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 PM

How long will it be until I can enjoy Sgt. Pepper without the pause!