android
Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Default S9 Playlist Creator

Hey all,

Spend some two nights writing this application which I wanted to share with the community. It works like Playlist Creator where you drag and drop files, declare a m3u save location and hit save.

Built this because it was a good coding exercise and is many times faster than playlist creator.

I have only configured it for flac, mp3 and ogg (but really easy to add alot more).

It will require .NET 3.5 framework installed. I have only tested this on a 64bit Windows 7 OS and I think it may not work on a 32bit machine. Please let me know if it doesn't work and I might have a solution for it.

I am happy for suggestions, bugs as I want to grow it for us proud S9 owners
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExtM3U Creator.zip (782.2 KB, 622 views)

Last edited by mechjman; 07-26-2009 at 05:50 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM

WOW! It seems to work. I'm not a computer wiz by any means but I was able to create a playlist very easily. I was able to create a playlist by dragging tracks from the explorer to your Playlist creator. To me this application is much quicker and straight forward than any other method I previously used. Excuse me but I'm off to play around.

BTW I'm using this on Vista 64bit.

Jim

Old 07-26-2009, 05:50 AM

I've added support for all supported audio files for the S9.

I've also configured it so it will work on either 32bit or 64bit windows OS.
Some very minor usability changes should make it a bit more aware for the user now.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks, Mechjman!

Do we need to use this with the S9 plugged in, and the music files dragged/dropped from the S9's folders into the app?

Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 AM

Doesn't matter, as long as you move the m3u file and songs and their relative positions don't change i.e. the m3u was in side folder 'xxx' when you created, it should be there still after copying. But if that's not your style, then you can drag and drop inside the s9 if you want to be safe

Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM

It's not working for me. It opens, but when I try to drag something from Windows Explorer into the window, nothing happens. I tried saving the file, then dragging, still nothing. Help? This is exactly what I want to use for making playlists...

Old 07-31-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Funsocks View Post
It's not working for me. It opens, but when I try to drag something from Windows Explorer into the window, nothing happens. I tried saving the file, then dragging, still nothing. Help? This is exactly what I want to use for making playlists...
What windows are you running on? do you have .NET 3.5 framework installed? and are the files actually the supported types for the S9? Are you dragging folders or files? (both will actually work but need to figure out logics). Have you rebooted and tried again? sorry for the long questions but needed so I can pin point the problem.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:04 AM

EDIT: Nevermind my suggestion. I ran it through a couple more test playlists and I realized that it still keeps the relative format if I save the M3U in the 'My Music' folder. However, I'll leave the original post here in case you feel up to the challenge of dealing with an obscure case...

Would it be much harder to force it to refer to the songs in relative location format? For example, when I save a M3U playlist in a 'Playlists' folder that I have inside my 'My Music' folder on my computer, here's what your program generates:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:355,Aerosmith - Amazing
E:\My Music\Aerosmith\Big Ones\08 Amazing.mp3
#EXTINF:187,Amos Lee - Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight
E:\My Music\Amos Lee\Amos Lee\01 Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight.mp3

What would be really nice to see would be an output like:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:355,Aerosmith - Amazing
..\Aerosmith\Big Ones\08 Amazing.mp3
#EXTINF:187,Amos Lee - Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight
..\Amos Lee\Amos Lee\01 Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight.mp3

That way, I could just copy my whole music directory onto the S9 without having to make the playlists directly from the S9.

I'm not sure if you programmed this to generate the M3U information on-the-fly or at save-time, but if you have it generating it on-the-fly, one way to keep from needing to completely rewrite everything would be to tell the user to declare a save (or open/edit) location before editing the list, so you know what relative location to start at.

Last edited by dannosliwcd; 08-07-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 PM

great tool but i have found a small issue...

i plugged my s9 on my pc, started your app to make sure to have the correct relative path from music folder to playlists folder...

i dropped my favourite tracks from the s9 into the program window and generated the file. i saved it into playlists folder on the player.

the strange thing is, the playlist file has no relative paths.
when i open the m3u playlist i see absolute paths with drive letter and patch...

but i worked only on my player drive - i chose the tracks from music folder (sub directory) and saved the playlist on the same device too... that means, theres no need to put the drive letter into the playlist.

i deleted the drive letter (I out of the playlist files so that i only have entries like this

\Music\Artist - Album\title01.mp3

and thats working on the s9...

i never tried the original m3u files i generated with your grat program because i think that they dont work with absolute path entries with drive letters...

Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I will have a look at the problem hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 AM

I am sorry but i am in a bit of a jam here, i am not able to create playlists even using MechJman's program, i mean when i try dragging the files it doesnt add anything...besides i don't understand how the player will recall the path even after i copy the m3u files onto the root folder of the player. I have already copied the my music into the music folder of the player, but i am at a complete loss as to how i should make my own playlists...I dont want to sync with my WMP or Media monkey....

This is driving me crazy...help!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:28 PM

It might be helpful when reporting problems to mention your firmware version.

Personally, I've never been able to get an m3u file in the Playlists folder on the S9 to be seen. Any m3u I put there has just been ignored.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:12 AM

Default Playlists not showing

I am a COWON S9 FW 2.41 owner. Since having it, I have nothing but problems with creating playlists. I have read almost all of the blogs and forums on what to do. I have chage the USB mode from MSC to MTP and back again on several occassions. Have used Media Monkey and J.River Media Center with out any luck. Have dragged and dropped like crazy within both of those Media players and still not geting the results you would expect from a high profile player.

I have playlists that I maintain in the media players. All I want to do is sync them with the S9. Out of the box this should not be a problem. Why do I have to gtet a play list creator? Why do I have to copy the files to my player and then from their copy them into a playlist creator and then save the playlists on my player. Who thought that up?

Until now the ONLY way I can see that the sync of the playlists (M3U) are working is within the Media players. When I disconnect the S9 the playlist directory at the Root displays 'no file'. It does not matter how many times I sync, I get the same results in MSC and in MTP mode.

Cowon should bring a FW that fixes this issues and stop giving lame excuses about what to do with M3U files. They do not show up when they are sync'ed and the workaround of copying the files from the player to the playlists on the PC and playlists back to the player is lame. This is not logical when you have massive music library and the files are sorted in artists directories.

Until Cowon pulls their head out....can someone tell me what trick they have done to get the syncing to work with mediamonkey or j.river? And please no drag and drop workarounds.

Thanks

Old 09-07-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechjman View Post
I've added support for all supported audio files for the S9.

I've also configured it so it will work on either 32bit or 64bit windows OS.
Some very minor usability changes should make it a bit more aware for the user now.
Can't seem to get .wma to load.. is there a new version out or something?

Last edited by rc2080; 09-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 PM

I can't install it on Win 7 X64 !!!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:03 PM

Another dumb question.. can you still load more than 256 songs? I tried it and it crashed on me :/

Old 01-29-2011, 05:28 PM

srry if it is a dumb question, but how do i get the m3u files to play on the device?
like where do i have to put the files?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:04 PM

Hi

first: thank for this program, it works fine!
@asianguy: the best is, you connect your S9 with your PC, than open the Music folder on the S9, an put every song in the program. than you save the m3u file in your S9' Music folder!

@AirSUpply: You don't need to install it, only run the .exe file!

Sry for my Englisch, it's not so good...

Old 04-19-2011, 04:25 PM

Oh goodness, yes! Something that works in MSC! Thank you for the program. I spent countless months trying to configure a simple playlist.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 PM

this is awesome, thank you.

Tags
s9 playlist m3u extm3u