android
Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Gapless - FINALLY!

Now all the players I use on a daily basis (except the idiotic O2) are gapless.
We finally got what we've all been waiting for!!!!

Now they need to go and give the last 2 players the same gapless performance they deserve (at least the "new" D2+).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-25-2009, 10:05 AM

Indeed, gapless on the D2+ would be a... plus. (*rimshot*) But that would make owners of a regular D2 even more pissed off, since it's the same hardware. Or it would be even more incentive to "upgrade" one's D2 to a D2+.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Why stop with the D2+? I'm hoping the fact that Cowon has gone there all the Korean makers plus Sony decide they need to add gapless support.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sony will NEVER get my sale again,.............unless they include gapless for mp3's on their players. I will not change my mind on this - if Cowon is finally seeing the light, why cant the mega-corp do the same?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:23 AM

No.Way. I want this player. Well, maybe soon other developers will follow suit. I can really see S9 sales climb now.. and if I had the money.. one would be mine.. for this sole reason.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljesusfreak View Post
No.Way. I want this player. Well, maybe soon other developers will follow suit. I can really see S9 sales climb now.. and if I had the money.. one would be mine.. for this sole reason.
We'll be waiting for you my friend, you shall join us!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 AM

I can't see sales climbing that much because of gapless support. We're an annoying elitist minority, demanding our music should be played the way it's meant to be... average consumers of hit parade pop won't care one way or other (or they care about games, dictionaries, Bluetooth, and other junk). But then again, the pop music consumers usually have an iPod (which had gapless for the longest time)...

Old 07-25-2009, 01:34 PM

Mp3 gapless!!!! I just purchased one from Amazon. Is the silver/black the same as titanium (the one with the nice soft feel)? I want to be sure.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:37 PM

Soft? The S9 isn't soft - it's a very sturdy and robust construction - yet very lightweight at the same time. Both the "titanium" and "chrome" plastic variants are matte on the back, only the new white one seems to be glossy on the back. The sides of the "chrome" one are glossy, the "titanium" one is matte on the sides too.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean soft as in "soft in construction" but rather a better grip to it. Some said that the chrome is more glossy but the titanium has the better feel/grip. I prefer the better feel/grip over glossiness. So the silver/black in Amazon is indeed the titanium right?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:48 PM

The shiny silver plastic is what they advertise as "chrome", indeed. It is glossy and not matte on the sides, where you're most likely to hold the player.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

I'm envious. My Moody Blues album is spoiled by the gaps on my P3.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:31 PM

Gapless works very well - on both the CD rips I've encoded via Media Monkey and the mp3 files I've bought from Amazon.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljesusfreak View Post
You better save up quickly and join the club!

This is not related to your post but, there are many people who have been saying that the s9 is more expensive than other PMPs. But, here in Australia, an ipod touch 16gb costs $419 and s9 32gb costs $439! Obviously, people who are aware of s9 will buy the s9 instead of the touch, unless they need to play games all day on it and defeat the purpose of a PMP!
[Amplifier]FiiO e5

Old 07-26-2009, 06:23 AM

Yay, Finally!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone View Post
Firmware 2.31 Beta 2 is out and yes, it has support for mp3 gapless!
Thanks for the reminder!

Old 07-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I no longer feel the need for an iPod - I actually think I'm cured. I still need a phone that I can get Bejeweled onto, as that's all I like to play anyways,....................... looks like a Sony phone (not dap, as they refuse to do gapless for mp3, only for ATRAC/SS in JAPAN) is in the future for me again. I mean, check the email & a game or 2, that's all the extras I need.

Face it, w/Claw's UCI + Nova's Music (the dfkt Version), all I really want is the ability to add a complete album to a playlist on the device. Well, video podcast support would be great as well - but I'd need my baby boosted to 64gb for THAT!!! Otherwise, this has now become as close to perfect as any dap/pmp could possibly be for me. I love my S9, and I'm as happy as a pig in poop!!!!

My wife thinks it's funny when she sees me w/a set of cans on listening to my tunes, she's happy I'm enjoying it.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I no longer feel the need for an iPod - I actually think I'm cured. I still need a phone that I can get Bejeweled onto, as that's all I like to play anyways,....................... looks like a Sony phone (not dap, as they refuse to do gapless for mp3, only for ATRAC/SS in JAPAN) is in the future for me again. I mean, check the email & a game or 2, that's all the extras I need.

Face it, w/Claw's UCI + Nova's Music (the dfkt Version), all I really want is the ability to add a complete album to a playlist on the device. Well, video podcast support would be great as well - but I'd need my baby boosted to 64gb for THAT!!! Otherwise, this has now become as close to perfect as any dap/pmp could possibly be for me. I love my S9, and I'm as happy as a pig in poop!!!!

My wife thinks it's funny when she sees me w/a set of cans on listening to my tunes, she's happy I'm enjoying it.

Cut back 4 days ago:

Quote:
I'd GO RIGHT BACK if it sounded as good as a Cowon. I've compared both (and I use EQ and sound enhancement settings - since that's what a Cowon is all about), and the iPod is equal to Cowon on flat settings. Throw on some EQ and the Touch is toast. But, even w/the fantastic screen, the Touch is the all around better entertainment device.

To make it quick, and I HAVE said this before, give the Touch the SQ of the Cowon, Samsung, or Sony players and I'm goin' right back!!!

You need to stop flip floppin dude.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticstylez View Post
Cut back 4 days ago:You need to stop flip floppin dude.
Too late, I'm pissed w/being locked down by proprietary software. I said 1 thing then, now I'm done w/it. I'm iPod & (gonna' be) Zune free.

Besides, are you planning to take me to task now also? Please, I need the exercise,.................................. or are you gonna' buy me a Touch too????

Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Too late, I'm pissed w/being locked down by proprietary software. I said 1 thing then, now I'm done w/it. I'm iPod & (gonna' be) Zune free.

Besides, are you planning to take me to task now also? Please, I need the exercise,.................................. or are you gonna' buy me a Touch too????

We'll see when the Zune HD comes out, will you be able to resist its awesome screen, Tegra powered video playback, most likely the best battery life of any player out there (cause of Tegra), great SQ, smooth as a babies ass of a UI, wifi, etc....

We'll see.