android
Old 07-23-2009, 03:54 PM

Default Headphone amp for Cowon D2 (+) and RE2/ATH-M30?

hey I have an order of random stuff coming from amazon and was wondering what headphone amp I should add to it. I would get a FiiO E5, but it's $40 on amazon.

I use Head Direct Re2 and Audio Technica ATH-M30 with my D2. The Re2 don't really need any boost in amplitude from it, but people have said you "need an amp to get the most out of the bass" now I like the levels of bass just fine on the Re2. I was wondering how much difference does it really make? does it increase the QUALITY or the QUANTITY of the bass? quality would be nice, but I don't really want a ton of bass coming from them.

The ATH-M30 I usually use for home use, but when I'm on a road trip, or flying somewhere I would like to be able to use them, as they sound really nice (at least to me) and they seem to take to the D2 really well. If they were just like they are with a little more portability I would use them more than the RE2.

so, I'm looking in the $15-$25 range for an amp. if it ships from amazon, great, but if not I can go with another seller if others have had good experiences with them. (oh and I'm in Colorado, USA)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Which Amazon are you looking at?
Look a little closer, and underneath that ridiculous $40+ price you'll see "4 new from $19.97". That's how I got mine.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:01 PM

US amazon. the reason I didn't look to close at that is because those sellers aren't from amazon, and I don't really like going thru another seller if I don't have to, I was just wondering if there's any otehrs that I should look into.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Spirit View Post
US amazon. the reason I didn't look to close at that is because those sellers aren't from amazon, and I don't really like going thru another seller if I don't have to, I was just wondering if there's any otehrs that I should look into.
Mine was through Amazon, from the "Head-Direct" seller. No issues, it came quickly, and has worked flawlessly. I think the absolute cheapest place to get one is dealextreme, but I've heard sometimes it takes a while before you get what you order.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 AM

yeah, I think I will spring for that then. That and a sound card for my PC to reduce the hiss coming through the ATH-M30. I get paid at midnight tonight. Hooray for direct deposit!