android
Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 AM

Default What exactly IS ClawUI?

Hey guys.

New to the Cowon scene, but I'm excited to get mine. I should be getting a 32 GB one very soon from Amazon.

I love customizing my interfaces, and never found a mobile platform besides WM6 that let me really do that, so naturally, I'm bloody excited to start messing around with themes.

I'm not too new to the idea of theming and whatnot, and have been doing a lot of homework, but I still have a lingering question which must sound pretty stupid.

What exactly is ClawUI? Is it a theme in itself? Or a framework to utilize the other themes here? Some people say it extends features, so if it's just a theme, I don't understand how it does that.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 AM

ah. claw's UI. haha its a UCI (user created interface) made by CLAW using FLASH 7.

technically, you have full control over your whole S9. change the font color, bold it, italicize, hide stuff, add stuff, etc etc. the list goes on forever. you'll see what it is.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
Hey guys.
<..>
What exactly is ClawUI? Is it a theme in itself? Or a framework to utilize the other themes here? Some people say it extends features, so if it's just a theme, I don't understand how it does that.
It's user (CLAW) created content for the S9.

Cowon ships the S9 with the ability for others to create flash applications for it. And Claw made one that sets more settings than Cowon. So you get more control over your S9. And much more.

Once you have it you'd wish Claw got hired by Cowon
Got a Cowon S9? 29 Games: http://www.mediafire.com/?hmz03tq2nzx 272xcosplay pixs http://www.mediafire.com/?5nemmkmmjez Making a theme? Share! Latest news: D2 Calender by thinkquick works on S9. Want to earn money making a Flash app for us?

Old 07-22-2009, 03:19 AM

You can use it to customize your icons, wallpapers, settings (like Uphaillife described) and it has a playlist manager for dynamic playlists included.

It's not a theme like most other ones since it doesn't change the appearance of the player directly but let you customize it.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:38 AM

Whoa.

SO essentially, you're saying it's like Modded PSP Firmware. A Carbon copy of the official firmware visually, but infinitely more customizable/feature-packed?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 AM

ClawUI sounds so much more... ferocious than Wallpaper UI.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Whoa.

SO essentially, you're saying it's like Modded PSP Firmware. A Carbon copy of the official firmware visually, but infinitely more customizable/feature-packed?
Yep. Just give it a try. It's easy to put on the S9 and easy to "uninstall" as well.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Whoa.

Yes, and if you think of any setting you'd want and it is possible to implement all you need to do is ask Claw and he'll be more than willing to add it in.
Got a Cowon S9? 29 Games: http://www.mediafire.com/?hmz03tq2nzx 272xcosplay pixs http://www.mediafire.com/?5nemmkmmjez Making a theme? Share! Latest news: D2 Calender by thinkquick works on S9. Want to earn money making a Flash app for us?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 PM

Very nice! I can't wait to try it out then.

Thanks guys.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM

I've been usign Claw's UCI for a couple of days and it's a close to perfection work. Like has been said it does not change the appareance of the UI, but give the user a lot of options of customization. I've already load my own icon theme.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:17 PM

Does it allow you to do simple things like adding the song that's playing to a playlist, or deleting it without going through the file browser?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:46 PM

yupp

Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
Does it allow you to do simple things like adding the song that's playing to a playlist, or deleting it without going through the file browser?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhu View Post
yupp
wait. what? It does?

...how!?

Or Sennheiser PX100 (for portable amazement)

Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM

Yes, will someone please tell us how to do this? I'd like my S9 to have some of the basic functionality that my Creative Zen came with out of the box a few years ago.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM

To add a song that's playing to a playlist you flip the bottom control so the, uh, "square with a plus sign" is visible. When you touch that, you have the option to add the song to favorites or a playlist (or bookmark it). If you've created multiple playlists with Claw and I guess activated them, you'll have the option to add it to one of the playlists. If you have big fingers like me, it will be added to a random playlist.

Deleting a song still requires memorization and a trip through the browser to find the file representing the song.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:31 AM

Hey hope is okey i bump this old thread
As a newbie on s9 i need to ask
Is there both a Claw Wallpaper Uci and a Claw UCI or are they both the same just people call it with 2 names?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:35 AM

They're one and the same.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
Deleting a song still requires memorization and a trip through the browser to find the file representing the song.
Not if you browse by folder!

I love Claw's UCI. I used mainly it to change the appearance of the music UI.

Yeah, rinzwind, Cowon should hire Claw. :thumbsup:

Creative MuVo TX FM | MPIO One | Sansa Clip | iAudio 6 | Cowon D2 (2) | S9 | J3

Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 AM

It is essentially a great and a pretty 'must-have' utility. It brings the AMOLED screen to life.