android
Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 AM

Default ACS Custom Earphone Sleeves

Has anyone here bought any ACS Custom Earphone Sleeves? Do they improve earphones, in anyway, especially mid to high end IEMs? More importantly, are they worth it?
  • Cost 90
  • Cost of audiologist = variable
Etymotic HF2s bought from Apple come with a voucher for the cost of having the mould taken.

They are mentioned here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog...erfection.html

ACS: http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/i...=60&Itemid=117

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Custom tips for universal IEMs do seem like a good idea to me, as long as the IEMs are of decent quality. A custom IEM gives a lot better noise isolation, better fit/seal, and none of the hassle of having to replace silicon or foam tips.

Could be it changes the perceived sound quality of the IEM, due to a different fit - if that's a change to the better or worse depends on a lot of factors, not sure anyone could answer that. Every person's ears and hearing are unique, only you will know for sure once you hear it.

I have custom UE11's, and they sure isolate the most and are fairly maintenance-free compared to universal IEMs. Because of that I have been thinking of getting some custom tips for my Shure SE530. I guess any decent audiologist could do that - it's not rocket science and you don't need ACS specifically for that job.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:16 PM

now that makes me wonder, do you think custom tips (if designed for such a purpose) can increase the comfort level of some universal IEMs? If so, you might be able to fix the minor pain that your PFE's have been causing you.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The discomfort of the PFE is due to the "ergonomic" stem that goes over the ear, not the tips... it's already a tight fit, I don't think you could add any more material to it. It would probably just stick out of one's ears awkwardly and defeat the over-the-ear fit.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 AM

Default ACS custom sleeves

I have these for a pair of Sure SE530 - in my opinion they are the most cost effective upgrade I have ever purchased. Amazing improvement to the sound and comfort. Next upgrade not so inexpensive the JH16 Pro...