android
Old 07-20-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Emodio stopped detecting my T9?!

Out of the blue, Emodio AND Windows Media Player 11 have decided not to recognize my T9 anymore. It shows up under "my computer" and I can manually drag and drop items into and out of the T9's folders, but no access through Emodio or WMP11. To add to the confusion, if I run firmware v1.72 (MTP) both Emodia and WMP11 suddenly recognize it again , but I'm not loving MTP, and would prefer to run firmware version v1.80 or even v1.60.

Any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2009, 12:50 PM

Default More details...

I should add... I tried running Samsung Media Studio 5 as well. It also doesn't recognize my player if it's running v1.60 or v1.80 UMS, only v1.72 MTP Firmware.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 PM

MTP allows for syncing and allows software to recognize it as an MP3 player or "media device" UMS/MSC (same thing) just lets it show up as a mass storage device. Just like a pen drive or external hard drive. This means no media software will pick it up as a media device right off the bat when using UMS firmware. Some media managers (Like Winamp) can sync to a mass storage device (pen drive hard drive, or even a UMS mp3 player) but that's because it is set up to detect mass storage devices. Media player and Emodio (I haven't used emodio, but I suspect this is the case) are only set up to sync with MTP or "Media devices"

Most people here at ABI>> are big fans of drag-and-dropping music to their player. You can do that as well. Just go to "my computer" then open up your player as a usb mass storage device. go to the music folder, and drag all your music there.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Spirit View Post
Media player and Emodio (I haven't used emodio, but I suspect this is the case) are only set up to sync with MTP or "Media devices"
Emodio and SMS 5 detected my player wits UMS Firmware without any issues whatsoever for years until last week.