android
Old 07-18-2009, 06:44 AM

Help Cowon S9 32GB Vs Ipod Classic 120GB

Hi ppl I was reading this forum for few days and you are doing a really great work!!
I'm using today a Bluetooth head set with Samsung Yp-T10 4GB
and frankly I'm very please last night I found out about the alternative update option, the bluetooth file transfer is cool....

My major use is at home, Gym and Car while driving(using a caste adapter)...
the advantage of using Bluetooth at the gym and at home, is a must on my next player...

I need your advice for that choice the only reason for upgrade is the storage capacity... as for today I have 23GB of music collection and I believe will keep on growing... most in mp3 and some in FLAC.

As far as I see it:
Ipod Classic 120 GB:
+Good price storage ratio
+a lot of accessories to buy if needed
+cheaper then the s9
+very popular in my country - probably could get more support and repair.
-No Build in BlueTooth - would need to buy an extension - another device that would stick out from it.
-Hard disk memory - might have shorter life while using in car and at Gym (running)
-Itunes
+Genius smart play list on device (not only on PC as in Cowon and other)

Cowon S9 32GB:
+Flash mem no moving parts, a long life reading shorter life in writing... more stable on light tilts...
+A good touch screen (use while running or driving)
+Bluetooth support out of the box
+Better sound quality - Flac support !if used with bluetooth I won't feel the difference since A2DP can't give full quality of Flac..
+Movie Optional - TV out.
+Flash programmable menus and app
-at least 100 $ more then Ipod.
You saw my needs and what I figured while reading what do you recommenced for me? and why?

thank you in advance for your time answering and reading.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-18-2009, 11:04 AM

Stay far away from the ipod classic. I had one. It was slow, buggy, and sounded terrible. Looking at your needs, it seems the S9 would be the better option of the two.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I love how people try to compare 2 devices that really aren't related in any way, except that they both play music. Get an S9, and since you've been stalking the forums, you decide why I recommended it.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:22 PM

Thumb Up playing time using bluetooth headphones

First of all thank you suprman2020

for the quick replay.

Quote:
I love how people try to compare 2 devices that really aren't related in any way, except that they both play music.
I know that its hard to compare them nut since music is my major and all the rest I consider as bonus, this is the comparison I'm doing.

=====
another question in same manner I saw that using a bluetooth extension for ipod without a build in bat, meaning it consumes it's power from the ipod, would be around 7 hours play.

Any one tested how much playing time you get with a bluetooth headphone on cowon s9?

Old 07-18-2009, 10:18 PM

I think the Cowon should last more than 7 hours, but since I don't own one, I really can't say.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:25 AM

Personally, I would not ever use anything that's based on hard disk technology while exercising unless it was docked on a stable surface. I had a hard disk drive based MP3 player before. I dropped it once (not even from a very high height), and it was game over; the hard drive spent the next week self-destructing.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

If you need the storage, you should be comparing the iPod Classic 120 vs. the Zune 120. If that were the case, I'd say get the Zune, no contest. If you're looking for a true PMP, then you should be comparing the Cowon S9, Samsung P3, Sony X-Series, iPod Touch, and the upcoming Zune HD.

But comparing a 120GB HDD based player to a 32GB flash-based PMP shows me that you haven't quite decided yet what kind of product suits your needs. I mean, it's almost like saying "Guys, should I buy a banana, or a car?"

So decide what kind of product you want (flash-based PMP ,or HDD-based music player), and then ask for input, and we'll all be glad to help you out.

Tags
120gb, 32gb, cowon s9, ipod classic