android
Old 07-16-2009, 06:45 AM

Unhappy Sony Walkman NWZ-S638FS Podcast Problems

I'm having problems syncing downloaded podcasts to my Sony Walkman NWZ-S638FS using Sony's free Media Go software...

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...?page=download

I've clicked through all the preferences but can't find the answer.

The FAQ at the Sony Help Site seemed to suggest that podcasts are purposely transferred to the player's Music or Video directories (as opposed to the Podcast directory) until the downloaded podcasts are deleted from your PC - which seems a bit odd.

I highlighted all my subscribed podcasts in the Media Go podcast window and transferred to my player. New sub-folders labelled "podcasts" appeared in the player's Music and Video directories. I deleted all the downloaded podcasts from my PC, but this didn't appear to move the folders to the player's Podcast directory.

As a quick fix, I closed down Media Go, opened up the Walkman directories in two Windows Explorer windows and manually moved the folders across to the Podcast directory which has worked - but isn't ideal. If you're having the same problems and want to do the same, you need to keep the podcast files within their sub-folders or they won't play - Eg: Podcasts\Lost Official Podcasts\Podcast L58.mp3 rather than just Podcasts\Podcast L58.mp3

Has anybody had any success with syncing podcasts, using Media Go? It's driving me crazy!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Banned

I don't use Sony's own software, I just use Explorer to transfer stuff.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:27 PM

Default Sony walkman nwz s Podcast nonsense

Thanks for the tip about folders - only way I can get podcasts to show up in the walkman's main folder. They can also be deleted using content transfer, but can't get Media manager to recognise my connected device. A bit frustrating, but I like the walkman.
Slipped out of my pocket into a deep muddy pond last year. Took two hours of sifting mud to find it. Didn't respond to drying out, then 3 weeks later it came back to life good as new. Use a silicon rubber case now.

Tags
nwz-s638fs, podcasts, problems, sony, walkman