android
Old 07-13-2009, 11:02 AM

Default Can't find m200a.bin

I am trying to put rockbox on my m250 v4, and I have compiled the files, but for the bootloader I need the original firmware.bin. I have googledi it, searched on the sandisk, rockbox, and abi forums, and all I can find is links to the sansa updater. I was hoping someone might know where to find the file because don't!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Rockbox Developer

http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/amsfw.html has the 4.1.08 and 4.0.45 versions

Old 03-27-2010, 03:39 AM

Very exciting news about rockbox coming to the m250! Can you let us know how it goes?
I was wondering what rockbox features will work on the m250, and how the low-tech screen is handled.

I believe this will be the only aaa-powered rockbox device!

Old 03-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Rockbox Developer

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status has all the details

Pretty much no one in rockbox team is working on / testing m200v4 so I doubt it will be released as stable one day, especially with the volume problems (not loud enough, and causing shutdowns)

Install instructions are on the same page

Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM

I didn't expect it to be a high priority for porting, though it is a shame that none of the devs are focused on this particular device.

I'm not so worried about the stability of all the extra Rockbox features, but it would need to play and change volume without crashing regularly for it to be practically useful.

I'd love to try it, but I really don't want to brick my m260. Can anyone confirm that it's stable enough not to brick it? I know there are can be no true guarantees!

Thanks.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Rockbox Developer

It's not been tested on as much devices than the other Sansas but it should just work

Personally I prefer custom batteries because they are flat and fit better in the pocket

Old 04-24-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
It's not been tested on as much devices than the other Sansas but it should just work

Personally I prefer custom batteries because they are flat and fit better in the pocket
Thanks, I think I'll get a clip+, then try rockbox on the m260... don't want to risk bricking my only mp3 player.

Regarding batteries - I guess there will always be 2 views on this! I like the fact I can buy 4 eneloop aaa's for 5, and then can buy a couple of disposables almost anywhere in the world (or borrow them from other devices) if I ever run out.