android
Old 07-12-2009, 09:13 AM

Default dead pixels on the only zune I could find!

Last week I searched futureshop, best buy, and wal-mart for a 120gb zune. I finally found 1 left at wal-mart. I just started watching video when I noticed dead pixels on the screen. I stopped counting after 14. Problem is, my only option at the store is a refund. What to do?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2009, 07:12 PM

Return it for another.

They aren't rare, and dead pixels aren't the norm. my 120GB has none.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskar View Post
Return it for another.

make sure you have your receipt or they wont do anything.... also you only have 14 days to return it... my zune 120 has 4 dead pixels but it was past the 14 days before I noticed them . the pixels arent too bad, only rear their ugly heads when the screen is showing anything black.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:30 AM

Tell them that it is unnacceptable, and ask for them to send away for a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskar View Post
Return it for another.

Dead pixels are expected in most screens, just usually not in large numbers like what the OP is experiencing.
We have had 1 on our TV since the day we got it, and we couldn't return it as it is only 1, not more then 4 .
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 PM

Where are you located? You can order one online from thesource.ca thought I think they only have the "gears of war" 120gb zune in stock. Zunes seem to be disappearing from Canada.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo-urns View Post
Last week I searched futureshop, best buy, and wal-mart for a 120gb zune. I finally found 1 left at wal-mart. I just started watching video when I noticed dead pixels on the screen. I stopped counting after 14. Problem is, my only option at the store is a refund. What to do?
Walmart has a 30 day refund policy, so you can either return it, or you can contact MS and send it to them for a new 1. A dead pixel or 2 they consider nothing, a crapload warrants an exchange. MS gives you a warranty period of 1 year from date of purchase FYI.

I have 2 Zune 120's, 1 has 1 dead pixel, so it's no biggie to me. The other is fine. As stated, it is a common thing, just decide what you'd like to do w/it.

PS: Didn't initially realize your in Canada, but call MS just the same to see if they still give you the 1 year warranty (call ASAP!!!). If not, take it back to Walmart for a refund. I wouldn't want you to be stuck w/a stinkin' LEMON!!!