android
Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Default Fuze SlotMusic Firmware Upgrade?

Hey All...

Just got an email from Sandisk "Newsflash" about a Slotmusic firmware upgrade for the Fuze and am wondering what its all about?. Correct me but wasn't Slotmusic added to the .26 firmware update?.

If not I'm wondering if I should get the update. My Fuze is working great so I'm just a little apprehensive about going through a potentially buggy firmware update?.

Has anyone else got this email or has heard of this new firmware upgrade?. Seems to have come from out-of-the-blue. Thanks!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
Hey All...

Just got an email from Sandisk "Newsflash" about a Slotmusic firmware upgrade for the Fuze and am wondering what its all about?. Correct me but wasn't Slotmusic added to the .26 firmware update?.

If not I'm wondering if I should get the update. My Fuze is working great so I'm just a little apprehensive about going through a potentially buggy firmware update?.

Has anyone else got this email or has heard of this new firmware upgrade?. Seems to have come from out-of-the-blue. Thanks!
Yeah, I got it too. It was indeed added with the last firmware, so why are we getting this email so late? I have no idea. There is actually no update, if you've already done the .26 update.

Maybe their time machine is out of order?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 PM

nevermind...I caught the video on the Sansa Fuze support page and the firmware being downloaded was 1.02.26. All is well again...
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 PM

I got this email as well. I guess their marketing department is behind on sending out emails. Either that or they need to push SlotRadio more.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 PM

...or they are trying to boost sales of the slot music memory cards.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think the money they spent coming up with the Slotmusic and SlotRadio ideas would have been better used supporting the Clip and Fuze, or working on their eventual replacements....I'd rather load my own microsdhc cards.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM

Could be that they were just announcing that their software engineers have been hard at work, sweating blood and tears getting the new slotradio (now showing on the fuze home screen in garish red) advertisement just perfect?

D.