android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM

Default New X1060 Owner - With Working Videos!

Hello, All,

Have just got (2 weeks ago) my first Media Player - I think it's absolutely brilliant! - For Music, and Video, and I've been doing quite a bit of 'You Tube' surfing.

It took me some time to get the video working, so here's my final recipe - I don't know if this is considered 'Correct' - but I do know that it works!

I used 'Handbrake', with a 'PSP' preset, but changed the format to 'MP4', as 'M4V' did NOT work - Next I used DVDs as source material, by using 'Any DVD', but the main problem that I solved, was one of aspect ratio - I discovered that the aspect ratio of what you are watching, needs to be set up during the conversion.

For example, I worked out (and used these settings) - For TV (I used 'The Persuaders') 4:3 - I used 320 x 240 -

For 16:9 cinema films or pop videos (I have videos, and by a wonderful French girl, called Mylene Farmer, as well as Operas, like 'La Traviata') - Use 320 x 180 -

And for true Anamorphic Cinema Films 2.35:1 (I used 'Le Mans') - 320 x 136

Once these had converted, and were on my hard drive, of my Laptop, I merely dragged and dropped into the 'Video' folder, on the Walkman.

The quality, and sound are amazing!

Hope this helps somebody! - Remember, Handbrake is free! - (Donations are welcome, there though!)

I've also been buying a few accessories - Like a Sony SRS-NWT10M - This looks like a black 'Babybel' cheese, but if you take the removable top off, it has a WM-Port (22 pin) that plugs into the X series, and gives you a small, active mono speaker.

So, regards from a well pleased Sony Fan!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]