android
Old 07-08-2009, 01:18 AM

Default Are there sound docking stations for the Cowon S9?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are sound docking stations that work with the Cowon S9, similar to the way iPods work with Bose docking stations?

Thanks a lot,

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 AM

Doubt it, not enough people have one, so third party companies wouldnt be interested in making one for it.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Many speaker docks have AUX-IN for any player with a headphone output. A few have bluetooth which will work with the S9. There is one Philips dock out there that has a USB jack on it which will charge your S9 using your S9's cable, and also an AUX or bluetooth input to get the music playing. It'll also play CDs, Music off SD and USB storage, and burn MP3s from the CD directly to either.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, helpful responses indeed. I've enquired about the Philips dock station (BTM 630) and Philips themselves have told me that this product has now been discontinued. So the hunt goes on again! Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:25 AM

I would be interested in a speaker dock for the S9 also. So long as it had a place to cradle the S9.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:58 AM

Hi Invertedskull,

I've done quite a bit of online research and all the dock stations that I've seen are all made for iPod in mind...sadly. That said, there are some - Bose, Logitech, Philips - that support 'other MP3 players'. They provide an AUX IN socket but there is no specific cradle in which you can place the S9.

I've emailed Cowon direct and asked them the same question. Their reply is : 'unfortunately, not.'

Anyone out there got an other ideas?

Cheers.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 PM

I think the best bet would be a BT dock or one that has Aux-in or even a et of cool PC speakers.
As for the cradle...make one Or you get thos cool cellphone holder like a beach chair or a hand or something.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:02 PM

Default Docking station for Cowon S9

Hi! I bought a docking station/speaker at Ross - it's also available at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VEF9TG). I've attached (I think) a rough photo to show how the Cowon S9 fits very snugly in it. The jack sticks upward, and since the Cowon's jack input is on the bottom, just insert the jack and press down, and the Cowon is cozy in the slot - it tilts a little forward, but it's snug. The docking station requires 4 AAA batteries, and you do have to turn the Cowon on before you insert it. I'm not that sophisticated, so the sound is fine for me - I guess the upshot is, it works great for those situations - like bubble bath or cleaning the kitchen times - when you want to have the Cowon on without headphones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IConcepts.jpg (54.9 KB, 127 views)

Old 10-29-2009, 08:11 PM

Looks great! Can it be plugged into the wall for power, or is it only powered by batteries? Plus, I hate AAA batteries! Give me AA anyday! :P

Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyMonkey View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your replies, helpful responses indeed. I've enquired about the Philips dock station (BTM 630) and Philips themselves have told me that this product has now been discontinued. So the hunt goes on again! Any other ideas?

Thanks.
I just check amazon http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BTM630.../dp/B000UJN2TW

They still have it for sale.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 PM

Just batteries - and the kind you hate . Again, it's just a simple solution for when you want to have environmental sound. (I use mine mostly for audio books.)

Old 11-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No dedicated docks for the S9, but there are several decent portable speakers that do a good job. The Philips dock I mentioned earlier, though discontinued, is still available through amazon.com.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 AM

im still looking for a system myself
Im may get the Bose sounddock 10 with bluetooth...beauty! . . . edit add: . . ok i think i found the solution to all my needs. . . Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver to use on my Bryston 4Bpro http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...35425#features

Last edited by mikey_mike; 11-09-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM

Default NEW! - Dockingstation for Cowon S9

Go to this thread link

Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 AM

I bought a pair of the X-mini max 2 portable speakers and they are fantastic. no cradle but for sound quality and portability they are great

Old 05-12-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanbo View Post
I bought a pair of the X-mini max 2 portable speakers and they are fantastic. no cradle but for sound quality and portability they are great
I have an X-mini II that I use at work.. it's pretty good for such a small device.