android
Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 PM

Default zune being removed from canada.

Hey all, was wondering if anyone here can confirm this, I was reading in a thread on the zune forums and I cannot confirm it through search engines.

from: http://forums.zune.net/2/3/483026/ShowPost.aspx#483026

posted by Mayvis...
Quote:
You know what the icing on the cake is? Microsoft just called all Zune's, with the acception of the 4 and 8 GB of the shelves "Due to a failure to reach an agreement with the CRTC to bring the Marketplace to Canada"... Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart and most of the major retailors no longer ofter them. So much for the Zune HD and the Zune Marketplace in the Great White North...
while it does explain why zunes are disappearing from Canadian stores, with no confirmation this is most likely another theory...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Zune Moderator

I really doubt they are pulling out of Canada

Old 07-15-2009, 08:59 PM

They do appear to be disappearing from stores slowly in Canada. Futureshop and Bestbuy (which are the same thing) arent carrying any zunes. Stores which do have zunes have put them on heavy discount.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:59 PM

But again, this is mostly speculation. No official word from microsoft or the retailers. Maybe its a temporary supply problem.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

They might be dissappearing from the Canadian shelves for the new Zune HD's coming out soon.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 AM

yeah I mentioned this a while ago in a completely different thread and no-one seemed to care. But I asked a futureshop employee and they had no idea what a Zune HD was .... I would almost guess that apple is pushing stores to sell there products and not much else.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM

I spent today searching the city for another zune after returning my 120gb with an unholy amount of dead pixels.

In one store I ran into a microsoft rep and he explained that all zunes are being pulled from canada due to microsofts inability to bring the marketplace to canadians. The idea is to regroup, and after a while hopefully re-release the zune to canada with a fully funtional marketplace. Most likely to coincide with the release of the zune HD.

I imagine a lot of uninformed canadians installed the zune software and were infuriated to find they cannot buy content from the marketplace like ipod owners can from itunes, yet alone even download free podcasts. I can see a lot of people returning their zunes because of this. A recall until the marketplace gets fixed would make sense.

I managed to scrounge up a blue 8gb model to tide me over, and after opening it found it was a (possibly) repackaged return. The papers inside were all bent up, the earbuds had the foamies on them and were tied up with a white "glad-bag" twist tie. I was able to return it for a pristine new 8gb black model.

I don't particularly yearn for the marketplace, I know how to get my podcasts anyway. But if it were available I would definitely use it.

For me though, I have fallen for the sturdy hardware, clean sound, myraid features and intuitive interface. Let's hope zune returns to canada!