android
Old 07-05-2009, 05:05 PM

Smile P3 UCI : Cown S9 menu ported to P3 :: UPDATED

NOTICE
I have updated the UCI to make it a little snappier as some were saying it was laggy
- see download below

Well here it is, the coming together of two of the hottest players on the scene.

This is a port of the Cowon S9`s original "menu one" to the Samsung P3,
The UCI uses the original images and icons, extracted from the Cowon S9 firmware.

I take no credit at all for the artwork, all i have done is take the originals and adapted them to the UCI for the P3 (and that was hard enough considering i know squat about Flash!!)

Anyway the UCI is a 2 page design, has a fully working clock in the same place as the cowon player as well as working date display. It has also got the icon press animation, the throb effect, from the original S9 design

I really like how this came out, it was a pain to do as i am not a flash person at all, it was really a good way to get into using flash and to see how the UCI designs and SDK work, i tried also in vain to emulate the S9`s screen switching, the original S9 did not have sliding screens just a kind of refresh on the icons, i could not so this, it just froze the player

Anyway hope you like it.

Thanks and acknowledgments

Many thanks and of course all credit for the artwork goes to whoever designed them down at Cowon.

Many thanks also to Ray Glover who extracted many of the SWF files out of the Cowon S9 firmware and then converted them to working FLA files.
You may like to download them and play around, also all the SWF files can be loaded onto the P3 and played with, not much use but there is a nice calculator included See here for download and info

BTW i have included my FLA file if anyone wants it or wants to enhance/change anything or if you want to have a stab at the "menu two" version, note there is a different positioning system, i set up a SWITCH/CASE statement rather than a complex FOR LOOP as i wanted to manually position the icons and also i have a another 1 page version of this to do that would be a pain to do with the rigid format of the LOOP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg presentation.jpg (29.0 KB, 994 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip P3UCI_S9PortByMaderinn1_MenuOne_ver1.zip (668.4 KB, 355 views)
File Type: zip UPDATED_UCI_s9_MENUONE_14July.zip (152.3 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by maderin1; 07-14-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-05-2009, 05:13 PM

cool ima download to my P3 right now!!

Update: Man just got it on my P3 this thing is so hot man. Great job. But (just being picky) the UCI is a bit slow but other than that great job!

Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 AM

Impressive! I'll definitely be checking this one out soon.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:04 AM

Maderin, pure genius! thanks for that..

Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Banned

Thanks, Maderin.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks. Can someone give me the two-step intructions for where this goes on the P3?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Thanks. Can someone give me the two-step intructions for where this goes on the P3?
The swf goes in My Pack-Themes.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, I'm missing something. Sorry for being an idiot. I put the SWF in mypack>themes. Now how do I activate it? When I use the file browser and click on it, it just opens up a gray screen that does nothing. I don't see an option in settings for selecting a new UCI. Anyone?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out.

Of course this one has a dictionary and sketch book icon that do nothing. Any easy way to delete those? I'd also love it if the long-touch to go straight into now-playing would work.

Last edited by Olley; 07-06-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:53 AM

when using UCI, features are disabled from the stock samsung UI, no long press, no widgets, no adding / removing iocns on the fly - custom UCI are restricted, dont know why, need to hassle samsung about that one ima afraid as they have not given us these capabilities

Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Maybe those extra touch features just need to be written in the FLA souce file. Any of you that have written a UCI know if there is a way to detect a long touch vs. a tap? If so, then it's essentially:

If <long touch> on Music icon goto Music play screen.
If <tap> on Music icon goto music list.

Athough using the correct calls and in Flash not basic.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM

there is no exposed code to work with im afraid, even the buttons/icons on the FLA have no code in them.
When the UCI is loaded on the player it seems that the buttons are recognized (via unique ID, this has to be right) by the P3 and the base firmware must have listeners out for these buttons. So we cant code anything beyond what the SDK FLA file gives us, and that is totally nothing at all - we have totally nothing to play with at all.

now during making this i tried several times to call the functions that we do have in the FLA file to try and reload the icons during the UCI running, but it just froze the player, i wanted to be able to allow people to add and remove icons from the theme to emulate the main UI, but it would not let me do it at all. The UCI SDK they have given us is just a front with the bare minimum that allows us to make custom look only, the player than attaches all the important stuff to the default icon ID numbers .. no control at all

why these buttosn behave differently than the main ones in the default UI is beyond me and really makes no sense at all, but its all we have to play wih

just needs a hacker or flash genius to work on it, i am neither im afraid, hopefully ther will be interest but from what i see the P3 community is quite small at the moment, if people could actually get hold of the players then maybe we could get somewhere

thanks for all the comments so far

Old 07-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Samsung Moderator

Nice work! I'll share it on generationmp3.com if you agree

Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Nice work! I'll share it on generationmp3.com if you agree
yes, no problem, please do what you will with it

Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 AM

Pretty cool. Way better than those iPod touch themes everyone wants on every touch player that isn't an iTard...

Old 07-10-2009, 04:24 PM

Really cool man! Nice simple effective interface, loved how you get the date and time up the top, looks kinda businesslike but in a good way. Nice animation on the buttons... Excellent!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 AM

Hi all
i see we have 100 downloads of the UCI, thanks to all that have downloaded and used it

i have updated the UCI now, i think its a little better and snappier, anyway, the download is on the original post, let me know what you think, i think its snappier

Old 07-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

wow nice!!!
i will download and give comment!

Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 AM

oh, and i have done the second S9 menu to, i will upload later to another post for that one, its the more colorful one

Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm desperate for the second menu, maderin1. Link?
Thanks for all your work. It's a shame the P3 doesn't give you deeper control over the UI though.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 PM

well i have tried, but all in vain, my lack of FLASH experience may be the problem or its just that we cant do anything but add icons

i would at least like to make it so users can add their own backgrounds but i had major trouble just trying to get the one that is there to be static, so that only the icons moved, like on the stock UI - but NO way, apparently we are no allowed

ill upload it later (menu two)