android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2009, 05:05 PM

Smile P3 UCI : Cown S9 menu ported to P3 :: UPDATED

NOTICE
I have updated the UCI to make it a little snappier as some were saying it was laggy
- see download below

Well here it is, the coming together of two of the hottest players on the scene.

This is a port of the Cowon S9`s original "menu one" to the Samsung P3,
The UCI uses the original images and icons, extracted from the Cowon S9 firmware.

I take no credit at all for the artwork, all i have done is take the originals and adapted them to the UCI for the P3 (and that was hard enough considering i know squat about Flash!!)

Anyway the UCI is a 2 page design, has a fully working clock in the same place as the cowon player as well as working date display. It has also got the icon press animation, the throb effect, from the original S9 design

I really like how this came out, it was a pain to do as i am not a flash person at all, it was really a good way to get into using flash and to see how the UCI designs and SDK work, i tried also in vain to emulate the S9`s screen switching, the original S9 did not have sliding screens just a kind of refresh on the icons, i could not so this, it just froze the player

Anyway hope you like it.

Thanks and acknowledgments

Many thanks and of course all credit for the artwork goes to whoever designed them down at Cowon.

Many thanks also to Ray Glover who extracted many of the SWF files out of the Cowon S9 firmware and then converted them to working FLA files.
You may like to download them and play around, also all the SWF files can be loaded onto the P3 and played with, not much use but there is a nice calculator included See here for download and info

BTW i have included my FLA file if anyone wants it or wants to enhance/change anything or if you want to have a stab at the "menu two" version, note there is a different positioning system, i set up a SWITCH/CASE statement rather than a complex FOR LOOP as i wanted to manually position the icons and also i have a another 1 page version of this to do that would be a pain to do with the rigid format of the LOOP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg presentation.jpg (29.0 KB, 994 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip P3UCI_S9PortByMaderinn1_MenuOne_ver1.zip (668.4 KB, 355 views)
File Type: zip UPDATED_UCI_s9_MENUONE_14July.zip (152.3 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by maderin1; 07-14-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]