android
Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Default New memory card and now D2+ isn't working

Hi,

I just bought an 8GB Sandisk SDHC memory card for my 8GB D2+. I formatted the memory card with the Panasonic program before loading any music on it.

When I loaded music on the card, inserted it and turned my D2+ on I hit play and it just turned off. I couldn't get it to turn on for awhile and when it finally would the tags on every single track (both internal and external memory) seem to be wiped. Now when i look through the library only 1 artist is showing up but when i play music by clicking on all tracks it comes up with all the tracks that are on the player. It only played for about 30 seconds and switched off again. Now it won't turn on.

Does anyone know what happened and what I can do to fix this?

Sorry, I hope my post makes sense, I'm not very good at explaining things.

(I've also tried hitting reset a few times)

Thanks in advance for your help

EDIT: Just hit reset again, got it to turn on, started playing a track and when i hit skip it froze with the screen on then turned off again. Other times it will play for a few seconds and then go to the startup screen then the menu

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-03-2009, 12:32 PM

I might not understand your problem but make sure you are searching the card and not the internal memory. Back the screen all the way up until you see D2 ext. I have never seen anyone have a problem using the cards. As far as I know all SDHC card work fine even the 32 gb

Old 07-03-2009, 01:25 PM

this doesn't look like that problem, bill.

have you tried playing songs etc without the card in?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Hi,

I have tried it without the card in. Its funny. Not all the tags are wiped and I seem to get a lot of artists that are just tagged Ray Charles with all their albums being tagged Ray Charles and all the songs Ray Charles. Its not resetting itself anymore except when it hits certain tracks.

Now that I'm home I'm deleting all the tracks I got off my mate and seeing if that makes a difference as I neve had a problem with my own tracks. People over at iaudiophile are saying its a tagging issue so therefore it would be to do with his files as I'm pretty meticulous about mine.

Anyway's, let see if this helps

Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 PM

No dice. Guess I'll just have to revise all the tags in my 20k+ library. This is a big strike on the chance of me making any future Cowon purchases

Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 PM

Thanks for your replies though guys, and any further help and ideas is always appreciated!