android
Old 07-02-2009, 01:10 AM

Default Free Any Video Converter

I have been very happy and successful using the free version of Any Video Converter to convert video blogs for my Pilot. (mp4, mov, m4v) Recently I started having problems. A conversion would simply stop part way, and AVC would go to work on the next video... which might finish or also stop part way.

Anyone else using AVC experienced this? Troubleshooting seems impossible to me. Are the files subject to subtle corruption on the usb memory stick they are downloaded to? Does my pc have some unsuspected problem? Is the newest version of AVC (2.7.5) at fault in some way?

I deleted 2.7.5 as thorougly as I could and installed 2.7.3. It appeared at first that the problem was fixed but it came back.

I am afraid to put the successfully converted files on my Pilot, fearing subtle corruption that might screw up the Pilot. Not ungrounded I think, VLC seems to load the converted files rather slowly before playing them, something I have not observed before. Really at a loss here.

I have not changed any conversion setting at all from what was working successfully for quite a long while.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2009, 05:39 PM

I don't have any Insignia players but, I've used AVC quite a bit without any problems. I converted to MPEG4, Mobile Phone MP 4, AVI, WMV all without a hitch. I only do 1 at a time so maybe that's why I haven't had any problems

Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 PM

My gut feeling is I may have an overheating problem with my pc. Monitored temp as AVC processed a 30 minute mp4. Temp rose about 10-12 degrees during that time. I think it is time to replace the power supply anyway to get a 120mm fan and more power for a new video card.

At the moment I am back to AVC 2.7.3 which had worked reliably for me. Initially I thought there was a problem with 2.7.5 since the problem did not manifest itself until that update. I am less inclined to believe that now.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM

It is Just AVC's fault it happens to me all the time. I don't know how to fix it but what can be done to help is lower the syncing rate between the audio and video (some where in the option menu) or play with the options you have at your side under ther video preview.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian of Ducks View Post
It is Just AVC's fault it happens to me all the time. I don't know how to fix it but what can be done to help is lower the syncing rate between the audio and video (some where in the option menu) or play with the options you have at your side under ther video preview.
Well, I did not experience this until I began using version 2.7.5. I will go back and look more carefully at my settings.

Dana

Old 11-20-2009, 05:44 AM

hi, thanks for your sharing.

And I use iWisoft Free video converter. it's actually convert any video and audio, as well as video to image files.

also allow you to edit video with powerful functions. So cool!

http://www.easy-video-converter.com

Old 11-21-2009, 02:51 PM

What settings do you use to convert for the Insignia Pilot?

I am happy now with the performance of the free Any Video Converter. One nagging, small problem. Converted videos will not fast-forward smoothly. Very jerky and hard to control.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbom View Post
hi, thanks for your sharing.

And I use iWisoft Free video converter. it's actually convert any video and audio, as well as video to image files.

also allow you to edit video with powerful functions. So cool!

http://www.easy-video-converter.com
Thanks for the reference to iWisoft video converter. I took a look at it and it worked well on the files I tried. The fast-forward performance is much better than what I get with Any Video Converter. iWisoft may become my default video converter after a little more experimentation.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:05 PM

ive been having some issues with AVC myself. When I convert AVIs, they seem to go at 5Xs the speed of preconversion. im converting to wmv, the AVIs are originaly 200fps, could this have anything to do with it?

For instance, I converted a 6 minute AVI to a 16 SECONDS WMV

New here and this is probably the wrong thread or section, but you guys were discussing AVC and its issues so I decided to give it a shot.

Last edited by Amdrin; 12-27-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Human Error, I suck