android
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrigank.pawar View Post
I agree with some people who r saying that u r a jerk.
U're just a smart a$$.
And you're a simplistic fanatic after half an hour with a player you haven't loaded any music onto yet. Thing are rough all over.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM

annoyingg... stop criticizing people and defending yourself...

we dont care about your opinions frankly. if you don't like the build quality and looks of it GOOD FOR YOU. there's other people who agree with you (cnet) so join them and their fun.

if the sides are so ugly btw why dont you break it off or something. it's cheaply built right? so it should be easy.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanC View Post
Now this is the kind of rational, judicious criticism I come here for.
Believe it or not, it is possible to disagree with people in an agreeable manner....you should give it a try, instead of being a "tool"

Old 07-02-2009, 04:18 PM

There's no criticism in this thread. An airhead praised a product to the skies after listening to one track (which he'd never heard before) on it. I made a little joke about that.

I see at least as much "fanboy" conformity on this forum as I've ever seen on any Apple forum. Someone telling me to go post on CNET? Pretending that any negative review of a Cowon product is the result of an international pro-Apple conspiracy? You're children.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:28 PM

the first thing you should stop is stop assuming that we think you're some apple fanboy and a second thing is you're not JUST giving a negative review of the cowon product. you're annoying not only me but a bunch of people. you're giving dumb sarcasms we don't want to hear.

maderin (who is in this forums too) explained that he felt the S9 was too cheap for him and as a result returned it and got a P3. i respect that because first of all he didnt go around criticizing people about what they thought. and second he just tried to state the S9 was not for him. do you think i went to his thread and started posting: oh post at cnet?

you're just being annoying. let people praise the S9 a second they get it. let people praise the ipod touch the second they see it. who cares?

sure i might praise the S9 too a bit too much, but at least i see it's faults.

we children? then what are you? an adult? adults criticize and act sarcastic? nice, can't wait to be an adult.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphaillife View Post
the first thing you should stop is stop assuming that we think you're some apple fanboy and a second thing is you're not JUST giving a negative review of the cowon product.
And you should stop assuming that I care what someone as juvenile as yourself thinks, or that I have any interest in taking commands from you.

Quote:
you're annoying not only me but a bunch of people.
I wasn't aware, but that's wonderful. You can form a support group.

Quote:
you're giving dumb sarcasms we don't want to hear.
I don't admire your posts either. It's great that we can agree to disagree.

Quote:
maderin (who is in this forums too) explained that he felt the S9 was too cheap for him and as a result returned it and got a P3. i respect that because first of all he didnt go around criticizing people about what they thought. and second he just tried to state the S9 was not for him. do you think i went to his thread and started posting: oh post at cnet?
I believe he's alluded to having felt a bit ganged up on after his criticisms, actually, unless I'm confusing him with another person who said the same thing. And your CNET remark didn't offend me--you act as if you have me begging for mercy. It only made you look childish and stupid.

Quote:
you're just being annoying. let people praise the S9 a second they get it. let people praise the ipod touch the second they see it. who cares?
I don't see your posts in support of mindless Apple fans. Link?

Quote:
sure i might praise the S9 too a bit too much, but at least i see it's faults.
I admire you for that. You're versatile.

Quote:
we children?
You children.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Well, thnx for the charging tip. I will charge it.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
There's no criticism in this thread. An airhead praised a product to the skies after listening to one track (which he'd never heard before) on it. I made a little joke about that.

I see at least as much "fanboy" conformity on this forum as I've ever seen on any Apple forum. Someone telling me to go post on CNET? Pretending that any negative review of a Cowon product is the result of an international pro-Apple conspiracy? You're children.
So what if I praised it after listening to one track? One track is enuf for me 2 judge the sound quality of an mp3 player. Is that a problem? And yeah, dint seem like u made a joke. U were being plain sarcastic.

Get ur eyes n hands checked. The s9 doesn't seem cheap at all. There is a serious problem with u.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 PM

@ Uphaillife, Marvin the Martian and others

We all know that there are pests like these in every forum who argue for fun. They just vent their frustration in life on forums like these.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
@ Uphaillife, Marvin the Martian and others

We all know that there are pests like these in every forum who argue for fun. They just vent their frustration in life on forums like these.
Precisely, just ignore & continue on our merry way, not worth wasting time in such useless arguments!

Old 07-03-2009, 05:21 AM

Please get this thread back on topic.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I dont think anyone has brought up any kind of conspiracy or is saying anything like that. But I do think that a lot of reviewers use the itouch as "the standard".

If you look at the reviews most of them do compare it to the itouch...as well as the Smsung P3 in some cases but most the time the reviews come across like......"this is the S9.....but this is what the itouch does".

Really is should be expected probably with Apple's huge success I guess.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:22 PM

Added southpark seasons on the s9. Some more music. MetallicA, Opeth, HIM, James Blunt, White Lies etc. Using the default earfones at the moment. They are really good. I thought they would be crap.
Now, one thing is annoying me. Wat bout the widgets? There are 3 pages, right? How can I get them one 3 different pages? All of mine are in one. Also, is there any way that I can remove all of them? Like hide them or sumthng?

Old 07-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Added southpark seasons on the s9. Some more music. MetallicA, Opeth, HIM, James Blunt, White Lies etc. Using the default earfones at the moment. They are really good. I thought they would be crap.
Now, one thing is annoying me. Wat bout the widgets? There are 3 pages, right? How can I get them one 3 different pages? All of mine are in one. Also, is there any way that I can remove all of them? Like hide them or sumthng?
Lol, I don't know about the widgets, but you got pretty good taste in music (I'll forgive the Metallica, try a little Megadeth!!!). Rock on bro, I'm enjoying mine now as well, since I un-bricked the S9 I got this morn (came w/the "no font, no resource file" issue). Read down the bottom of the thread, shows how to fix it if you ever get stuck: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=44106

Old 07-04-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Lol, I don't know about the widgets, but you got pretty good taste in music (I'll forgive the Metallica, try a little Megadeth!!!). Rock on bro, I'm enjoying mine now as well, since I un-bricked the S9 I got this morn (came w/the "no font, no resource file" issue). Read down the bottom of the thread, shows how to fix it if you ever get stuck: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=44106
Lol. What's wrong with Metallica? They're not a bad band. I like Megadeth, too. I have copied some songs which were on my laptop. I still have to transfer songs from my 1TB HDD. Just realised that I've got more than 70gb of music! Obviously, wont b copying all of it. Have to manage in 32gb.
Anyway, thanx for the font link.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
S9 has two modes for home screen - Grid & Widgets. By default Grid is enabled, so to go to Widgets you need to tap on the small speech bubble icon on top right corner. When the widgets home screen is loaded, you get a widgets bar at the bottom of screen with widgets, tap on any one & it is placed on current page & you can drag around that widget to position it wherever you want on screen. To remove a widget, tap on its icon in the widgets bar at bottom & it will come back to that bar from the widget page.

To switch between pages, you swipe your finger from right to left on the screen & you get to 2nd page, do it again you get to 3rd page & doing it yet again brings you back to 1st page.

You can put all widgets on 1 page (kinda tough as it gets too crowded) or you can put them on all pages. 1 widget can be put on 1 page only, you can't put same widget on more than 1 page.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
S9 has two modes for home screen - Grid & Widgets. By default Grid is enabled, so to go to Widgets you need to tap on the small speech bubble icon on top right corner. When the widgets home screen is loaded, you get a widgets bar at the bottom of screen with widgets, tap on any one & it is placed on current page & you can drag around that widget to position it wherever you want on screen. To remove a widget, tap on its icon in the widgets bar at bottom & it will come back to that bar from the widget page.

To switch between pages, you swipe your finger from right to left on the screen & you get to 2nd page, do it again you get to 3rd page & doing it yet again brings you back to 1st page.

You can put all widgets on 1 page (kinda tough as it gets too crowded) or you can put them on all pages. 1 widget can be put on 1 page only, you can't put same widget on more than 1 page.
You won't believe it, I just figured out that 5 mins before ur post! Thanks a lot anyway. Also, does it help to increase battery life if I don't have any widgets on any of the pages?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:08 AM

One more thing, when I lock the player and leave the button in the middle to access it again, it doesn't work. I tried tapping the screen. I have to drag the button to the extreme left and it always says 'system starting.' Is that how it's supposed to be? Or do I have to check some display settings?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Also, does it help to increase battery life if I don't have any widgets on any of the pages?
If you are using widget home screen then how would you use it if you don't have any widgets? Anyways, I don't use widgets screen so don't know about it having any effect on battery life.

Quote:
One more thing, when I lock the player and leave the button in the middle to access it again, it doesn't work. I tried tapping the screen. I have to drag the button to the extreme left and it always says 'system starting.' Is that how it's supposed to be? Or do I have to check some display settings?
I had the same problem in beginning, it takes a bit to get used to it. You shouldn't hold the power button on extreme left, just slide it to left & leave it immediately. If the screen doesn't turn on then you can tap anywhere on the screen after that & it will turn on.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If you are using widget home screen then how would you use it if you don't have any widgets? Anyways, I don't use widgets screen so don't know about it having any effect on battery life.
What I meant was, if I don't have any widgets brought up on the widgets screen, will it affect the battery life. Anyway, thanks.

Tags
humorlessness, new s9, suggestions