android
Old 06-26-2009, 12:13 PM

Default Is the Sony Walkman X compatible with a MacBook?!!

I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this question and can't find one. I own a Mac and want to know if I can get my music from there (on iTunes) onto the Walkman.
ALSO, I own a PC but I can't seem to transfer any of my music from my Mac to my PC. Every time I try to transfer the files (via USB pen drive) to my PC it tells me that it can't play the files because it can't find them.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! I'm getting desperate here!!!!!

----------------------

P.S. Please don't tell me to get an iPod, I definitely want the Walkman.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-29-2009, 04:40 AM

The walkman will show up on the mac as a removeable drive. This means that you can drag your music files and place them in the 'Music' folder of the walkman.

As for transferring your music from your mac to PC with the usb pen drive, if you are copying the music into iTunes on the PC make sure that you have selected the option in iTunes (found under the Advanced tab in Preferences) to "copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" - if this is not checked, as soon as you remove your usb pen drive iTunes will no longer be able to find the files.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 AM

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemutley View Post
The walkman will show up on the mac as a removeable drive. This means that you can drag your music files and place them in the 'Music' folder of the walkman.

As for transferring your music from your mac to PC with the usb pen drive, if you are copying the music into iTunes on the PC make sure that you have selected the option in iTunes (found under the Advanced tab in Preferences) to "copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" - if this is not checked, as soon as you remove your usb pen drive iTunes will no longer be able to find the files.
Thanks Jamie! I can transfer music now! =]

Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemutley View Post

Thanks, you save me time because not only my music got folders but they are in order, Windows Media Player mess them up.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 AM

No probs, glad to help

Tags
mac, macbook, series, walkman, walkman x