android
Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 AM

Hi,3.0 prob one iv'e tried before & don't work.Just tried one again,don't work.
Just use 1.3,detail,colours,blacks etc etc,all look good(some might say better than good ),on the small screen.

Cheers BOB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 AM

Oh my god... Seems like you guys know what youre doing with this rip-bot software, but i have a hard time understanding what you are writing, because the language is all over the place.

My request: could someone please make a screenshot with aaaall the details/information needed to get this right ? Then we would solve alot of problems and babbling back and fourth... for everybody.

Thankyou!

Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 AM

Hi,quick rough,bare guide.

Open RipBot264,first screen,click on ADD.
Next screen that comes up,on 'Video' click on small box,browse to your video file,load etc,can take a while.
Now on second screen,'Profile'drop down box,you will see theres no Walkman,Level 1.3 etc.click on browse button at end.Screen comes up,at bottom 'AVG LEVEL',drop down,choose 1.3,exit window.
Now you have (Base 1.3)Custom,you can adjust & save this,in Profile folder as a text Doc,but a bit complicated,ignore for now.
Same screen,Mode try CQ(you can also try 2Pass & various KBPS),CRF22(changing,changes file size etc).Click on 'Properties',another screen comes up,'AUTO CROP'(removes just black bars),can be useful for 2.35:1 movies etc,don't have much if any affect on 1.85:1 etc.
'SIZE',pick one,or pick Custom x.xx:1,then set to say 432 x 240,432 xXXX same aspect ratio to movie etc your converting.
Click OK or whatever,back to first screen click start,then wait till done,can take a bit if movie.
You can set up a few(will all come up on first screen)& batch encode.
Then mess & learn,i'm only just learning,not done much for a bit,occupied with other things.
Look in other posts on here,for what others have set up in RipBot etc.

Cheers BOB

ps O when you have picked your size/spect ratio,you can click on Preview Script,play,right click & it will show res its going to convert to,320 x 240 or whatever.

Last edited by bibio; 07-31-2009 at 05:03 AM.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM

THANKYOU so much!

Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM

Well sorry for the double post... but i cant get it to work still... Could someone please give me a screenshot? Please... I'm sick an tired of trying to get good quality video on this device...

anybody? ctrl+alt+printscreen its not that hard....

Old 07-31-2009, 05:13 AM

Hi,can't do ctrl+alt+printscreen etc with Vista for some reason,don't think Howies works either.
For my owned personal movies.Iv'e used DVD decrypter etc,set to make one main movie Vob file,used setting's as prev post & no probs at all(also straight MPEG2,.AVI etc).As long as 1.3(& Size set to something reasonable ie certainly not say,1920 x 1080,prob 320 x 240 for starters),can mess about hell'uv a lot,with no probs.
Hope you get there.

Cheers BOB

Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 PM

iVideo Converter for the Mac just added a Sony X-1000 profile. The developer is very responsive to input and just added it per my request. Great program if you own a Mac and X-1000.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:25 PM

You don't use [CTRL]-[ALT]-[PrintScreen], it's just [ALT]-[PrintScreen] to capture the current window, or just [PrintScreen] for the whole Windows desktop. You then have to paste the image into an editor (Windows Paint works). Works on Vista too.

K.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 AM

Hi,O i tried those as well,the fun of Vista (Even thou it could be something else).

Cheers BOB

Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 AM

I just want to share this simpler FFMPEG options, which run fine on GNU/Linux system.

Code:
fmpeg -i IN.avi -vcodec libx264 -acodec libfaac -ab 128k -threads 0 -s 432240 -f mp4  out.mp4
You can omit the ‘-threads 0′ if you want to encode with single thread/(no SMP).
That’s it…

Sample: For this one, I encoded with resolution 480x270 (same as the original)
http://sites.google.com/site/bahathi...attredirects=0
Cover art
http://sites.google.com/site/bahathi...attredirects=0
source: flv
http://contents.sony.jp/walkman/movie/x1000series/

Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For what it's worth, Window's Media Player 11 succeeded in converting one of my 540 x 360 WMVs to a 404 x 270 WMV that plays fine on the Sony. WMV video codec, WMA audio codec. It took it several hours though. Not the best way, but one that sure was easy.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyu727 View Post
Hey Guys,
I own the x 1050 and tried Ripbot and after a lot of work it finally gave me a vid that worked on my "x" so I thought it would resize it to 480x272 but it simply added black bars T_T

So I tried a lot of other Converters like Media-Coder, HDConvertToX, that cyclist prog which somehow ignores my changes on the resolution (while the quality was pretty poor imo) and wonderhows walkman converter (worst)

Now after many hours Im pretty pissed so I got back to "SUPER" which I consider as a ..uhm well .. average converter ( like how u would refer to Ip'od as an average player) and I simply copied the stats that where posted in the first post (wmv file) and finally it worked ^_^ though I still would be so happy if anyone could get me a proper converter for avc ...

I'll add the SUPER settings file so if anyone needs it
First set to 1500 kbps and 480x270 ^~^ (not recommended though due to big files with tiny improvments...)
And other one with 500kbps

IMPORTANT:
When you push convert it asks Simple or main then you click on SIMPLE or otherwise it only suppoert 320x240
I added a zip containing a How to-image if anyone encounters any probs

and here the player (ofc a freeware)
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER

You can mess a bit with the quality settings though
Still the pre-saved vids from sony look a tiny bit better so I guess someone has to find another (better) solution,this one is only for the time till one find something better ^_^ (Im not claiming SUPER gives the best ... but it can batch-convert my anime (up to 50 files per series ... )

PS: BlindBandit, your avatar pwns XD
Ive just tried this using the second one of your downloads and its seemed to work but when i put it on my player it said file format is not supported

Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Hi

will ripbot run in older computers ? I have a 3 year old laptop. also its asking for a bunch of other s/w like avisynthy , ffmeda etc ?

is there any s/w that will work without too much work ? currently using my work laptop and i dont want to install too many softwares on it. thats also why I was asking about the older machines...

thanks
/A

Old 08-16-2009, 05:13 PM

Depends what type of laptop you have, theres only one way to find out....

Old 08-17-2009, 04:04 AM

Hi,Ripbot itself don't install on your PC etc,so no worry there.AVIsyth & FFDshow do thou,lots of other progs use these as there re encoding engine etc.So you will prob be putting them on your PC whatever.
Its prob OS your running were you might get probs,prob won't have any thou.
HW spec will affect how long it takes to do a movie etc.

Cheers BOB

Old 08-17-2009, 09:43 AM

Im having problems with DVD catalyst, i make the screen size 480 x 272 but when i click on go to convert the file it makes the screen size 304 x 224

What else do i need to do?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Hey

I got the Ripbot264 and installed the other software. Hitting a prob that probably needs ripbot folks to look at Every time i 'add' a file, the ripbot tries to open it with some mplayeresc.exe and then the process fails. anyone faced this?

I've only spent a few days with the sony Product and its my fourth sony product since the cd days but this is becoming a major pain since its the first one I bought hoping for video

Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 PM

hi people

what about this dvd catalyst software - looks like i need to shell out more money for it. is it better than the media manager Pro ? I think thers not much diff between the two.

Also dvd catalyst supports the x series natively or again some special configs ?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvasu View Post
Hey

I got the Ripbot264 and installed the other software. Hitting a prob that probably needs ripbot folks to look at Every time i 'add' a file, the ripbot tries to open it with some mplayeresc.exe and then the process fails. anyone faced this?

I've only spent a few days with the sony Product and its my fourth sony product since the cd days but this is becoming a major pain since its the first one I bought hoping for video
I feel you maaan, you know.... i've been trying to get this right for such a long time now, and it came to a point where i just gave up. I just went for the 320x240 ipodvideo setting that DVD catalyst FREE has, as a setting.. Works, but the video quality is far from outstanding. And i KNOW this player can do so much better. Its sad though, that Sony could F*** it up so badly this time!

Just give me a free video converter where it says sony x-series in a drop down menu, and then click convert, heeyy how about that. Sick and tired of trying different types of bittrates, resoultions, output formats...

Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 PM

Can't PSP converters work as fine?