android
Old 06-22-2009, 06:26 AM

Unhappy My D2/D2+ dillema!

Hi! I want to buy cowon D2 or D2+.
Here's my dilemma:
<o></o>
Cowon D2 16 gb (including ac adapter) = 234 $
Cowon D2+ 16 gb (without ac adapter) + Transcend 16 gb sdhc class 6 memory card with card reader = 251 $
<o></o>
Both items are from ebay,including shipping,full insurance,gift wrapped,low value declaration (very important since Croatia has strict custom regulations)!
Both sellers are power sellers above 99% positive feedback.
<o></o>
Now,as I see it,since I want d2+ fw after all, d2+ would be better choice. But it'd be nice to check what bbe sounds like!
I like charging through ac adapter,and d2 comes with genuine one. When it comes to ac adapters I have ipod ac charger, motorola L2 mobile phone charger and ms industrial crappy mp3 player charger... (Iknow I'd have to change ipod charger usb cable)
Motorola ac charger specs: output voltage 5 V,current 550 mA. Ipod ac charger specs: 5 V and 1000 mA.
Will any of them work with cowon d2+?
Or I should get ac charger from ebay for 16 $?
<o></o>
One more thing in favor of d2 is the look! I really prefer it's metal/plastic combination!
<o></o>
I'm really torn about this! Any help and opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by niguevara; 06-22-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 AM

If it were me, and I definitely preferred the D2's looks, then I'd get that. You can install the D2+ FW if you want (and are careful), and you get the charger which is worth having. Bear in mind that you can't play and charge at the same time with the USB connected, so you could be waiting around for a while for a good charge.

Are you sure you can't get a new one from a "proper" store for a similar price? I don't trust foreign ebay items, though I'm sure that most of the sellers are legit, but anyway... For reference you can get one from Play.com for just under 160 (that's Pounds Sterling) - what's the exchange rate?

I'd also skip the 16Gb SDHC card and go straight to 32Gb. You know you're gonna need one eventually .

Old 06-22-2009, 08:02 AM

I have now read that gnomadic chargers for cowon d2 have output current of 1000 mA and some even of 2000 mA! So,I guess that my Ipod charger with output current of 1000 mA would work after all!

@IanD

Thanks for your input,but the exchange rate would make it almost double the price! And play.com won't deliver to Croatia as far as i know...

But thanks anyway!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:21 AM

Bit confused now...

234 USD = 1217 HRK
160 GBP = 1373 HRK
Source

Presumably it's a customs thing that makes it twice as expensive?

Incidentally, Play.com do claim to deliver internationally - see here.

Good luck with whatever you decide. It's a great DAP and I love mine .

Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 PM

go for the regular D2, It looks nice (in my opinion) and you can install the D2+ firmware on it. I don't really see any reason to get the d2+ in this situation, because the + is more expensive, lacks a charger, and can't run original D2 firmware (or no one has tried) the only reason I could fathom is the looks, but even then they both look very nice and neither will give you trouble in that area