android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2009, 05:03 PM

Default Difficulty getting a P3 in Canada, WHY?!

Hey ho fellow Samsung users/enthusiasts!

So I have a couple of questions. I'm currently rocking a SanDisk e280 (please don't disown me for that fact). Any who, great player lasted forever BUT! times er' a changing and it's time for an upgrade. Plus the cracked screen and frequent freezes are a bit of a factor too.

SO!, after reading just about every review of the Samsung P3 online it seemed like a pretty healthy choice compared to the Cowan S9 and all other touch screener PMP's out there, but there's only one problem. The damn P3's might as well be made out of solid gold with how hard they are to find!

Now I'm from Canada, the back water North that electronic industries feels doesn't really exist when it comes to MP3's. Sweet Mary they won't even release us the freaking Zune HD...ALL WE HAVE IN CANADA IS FREAKING IPODS AND ZUNES!

Now I've been scoping out forums all over the net. Turns out Futureshop and BestBuy.ca (the two major electronics retailers in Canada) carried the Samsung P3 for all of 2 weeks before it disappeared off the shelves “until further notice”. Meanwhile down in the states the only two places I've been able to find it has been B&H Photo and Dell.com, no store retailer is carrying it (this is a major problem since if I buy it out of the states I can take the $224 CND base price for a 16GB and add on $80 to $100 additional in shipping charges).

So I guess I've come up with 2 questions:

1) Why are these things so hard to come by? High Demand, Newly arising defects resulting in recall? There has to be some sort of conclusion for such a limited supply. (One website (based out of the US) even claimed that their stock was pulled at request of Samsung) thoughts on this?

and...

2) Does any Canadian on this forum know of any kind of retailers in Canada, online or otherwise that carry the P3 that I might be able to get in touch with?

P.S. At this rate, the only company that's been nice enough to release a decent touch screen player other than Ipod in Canada is Sony with their X-Series (32gb) which A) isn’t released until July 3/09 and B) is ungodly expensive boasting a price tag of $500 dollars CND, that's about $440 US (I'm not that desperate...yet...)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
canada, p3, release, supply