android
Old 06-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Default Napster-to-Go compatability?

Hi,

Has anyone with the S9 tried it with Napster to go? I've done a bit of research and the S9 isn't on Napster's official list, but that doesn't quite mean that it won't work.

I love my NTG and I've been looking for a new player since my old Zen died. All of the newer, touchscreen players are not on NTG's list, but they are all sooooo nice. I was courting the P3, but the S9 looks so much more versatile.

So...will it work with NTG?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 PM

Well I don't know but I had the same question with the S9 and Rhapsody-to-go because the S9 was not on the supported players list.

This is what I got for an answer from a mod on their forums. Maybe it's the same for Napster?

"You have to have it on the correct USB mode (in the settings menu), MTP (media transport protocol?), not MSC (mass storage).

In order for a device to be detected by Rhapsody, and Windows itself, as a Portable Device, the device should be put in MTP mode. MSC will basically make it appear like a flash drive or external disk drive, where MTP would show it as a portable device."

No idea how to do that but I guess I'll figure it out...or maybe some nice person on this board will fill me in.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:11 AM

On the main screen of S9 there's an icon for "Settings" which are S9 settings & not Claw's UCI (or any other UCI) settings. Tap on that & then in the list that appears you will see "USB" option. Tap on that & there you can select MTP or MSC.

One thing to remember is that if you are on MTP & you created playlists using Windows Media Player or any other player & then if you switch S9 back to MSC then the playlists created via MTP will get deleted automatically.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 AM

And I think that S9 supports Microsoft's Plays for Sure tech so Rhapsody & Napster should work.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Okay I know I'm a little late on this one But I spent hours online trying to find the answer to this question before buying my S9. I never got a straight answer and just caved figuring I'd return it if it didn't work properly. So to anyone who's unsure I can personally say that it works for me, so go out and buy one because it's a fabulous player!