android
Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dave: Can you tell us how many items are listed under "More" on the HD menu? No need to tell us what they are, but a number will give us some fun just guessing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-31-2009, 06:50 PM

Darkside,
Dave cannot answer this but from your experience and hardware knowledge, do you expect the the old Zunes will be able to use wifi in its expanded mode as seen on ZuneHD when updated to new firmware or is their hardware too primitive.
Thanks.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potomac View Post
Darkside,
Dave cannot answer this but from your experience and hardware knowledge, do you expect the the old Zunes will be able to use wifi in its expanded mode as seen on ZuneHD when updated to new firmware or is their hardware too primitive.
Thanks.
In regards to wifi usage, THAT I have no idea about. They might add new market features, but a browser would be ridiculous on a Zune 30/80/120, or flash based Zune. The hardware would be a nightmare for browsing the net - simple as that.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Zune Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_k View Post
Sorry, no can do.

I've been told in no uncertain terms that I am to shut up on the topic, and any further contributions I make in that vein will be deleted. Material I spent considerable time and effort to contribute has already been deleted.

It's their site, and they make the rules -- and they decide who they'll enforce them against (or, not, as the case may be, given the various personal attacks I've received which are apparently overlooked by managment).

I have no interest in sticking around where I'm not welcome, and I don't do the PM thing, so let's not even think about going down that road.

If management wants to post something granting me permission to reply to Dave's questions, I'll gladly do so. I can definitely tell him how to duplicate the problem -- but I am not going to waste my time -- or elevate my blood pressure -- working up a contribution only to see it deleted.

When you get into your sixties, and have a serious coronary problem, you have more things to worry about than this crap. I have no interest in being found dead, slumped over my keyboard, with this thread on screen. MY life is too short for that kind of stuff.
1. Please post it they will not be deleted and I will see to it. Please post it as a new thread though.

2. I feel that I deleted the posts that were attacking or insulting...

3. Please email me links to any of posts you find insulting or attacking to you as a person. My email is me@t03.us, I will look at each post and decide myself if it needs to be removed.

4. When you post long posts like that in the future post a new thread. This would have been a better way to handle it and will continue to be a better way in the future. Unless of course it is in reply to a post that has already been made.

5. I am sorry for the way things were handled...

Last edited by Cruleworld; 08-01-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:30 AM

What about last.fm integration? (scrobbling and radio)

Old 08-01-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruleworld View Post
1. Please post it they will not be deleted and I will see to it. Please post it as a new thread though.

2. I feel that I deleted the posts that were attacking or insulting...

3. Please email me links to any of posts you find insulting or attacking to you as a person. My email is me@t03.us, I will look at each post and decide myself if it needs to be removed.

4. When you post long posts like that in the future post a new thread. This would have been a better way to handle it and will continue to be a better way in the future. Unless of course it is in reply to a post that has already been made.

5. I am sorry for the way things were handled...
Thanks, appreciate it. I will work up a walk-through to show the problem, as well as a how-to for "breaking the umbilical" so to speak, since several people have expressed interest in doing so for their own Zunes too. I'll post it to a new thread, with a one-liner heads-up here when I get it done.

As to the attacks, I don't ask for them to be censored -- I'm a "small-el" libertarian type, and I believe in that stuff about "the answer to speech is more speech" rather than silencing those who disagree with me.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Dave: Can you tell us how many items are listed under "More" on the HD menu? No need to tell us what they are, but a number will give us some fun just guessing.
You're assuming there is a "More" menu on my device...

Cheers, Dave.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:46 AM

hej dave,

I heard about the Zune interface in Windows Mobile. do you anything more about that?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
You're assuming there is a "More" menu on my device... Cheers, Dave.
True. Tease!

Of course every early photo/video we've see could be running a fake old-Zune UI while the actual release OS is something completely new the public will be amazed by and we tech hounds have yet to imagine.

Or all the apps have been added to the main menu and simply scroll into view with an up or down swipe. Kind of boring.

Maybe you could just tell us how many games it will come pre-loaded with?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
True. Tease!

Of course every early photo/video we've see could be running a fake old-Zune UI while the actual release OS is something completely new the public will be amazed by and we tech hounds have yet to imagine.
OMG. Hope so! .

... If not, the ZuneHD UI is very nice lol
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 08-04-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
You're assuming there is a "More" menu on my device...

Cheers, Dave.
Aww, the more menu would be nice to have. To put stuff like "social" and "settings" in that I rarely use.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Buddy

Quote:
True. Tease!

Teasing aside, there have been no "fake UI" screenshots issued. There may, however, have been updates, changes and amendments since those shots were taken some months ago.

No comment on anything else just yet.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 PM

I just have one question that will probably fall under the category of can't be told yet or my own ignorance. When I first heard about HD radio on the device, I went to the HD radio website and saw some of my favorite AM stations are broadcasting in HD. Will the Zune HD be able to pick these up? I guess part of it comes down to if there's still AM and FM with HD radio (which falls under my own ignorance). I could never find a definite answer to that question.

Other than that, Dave, thanks for your contributions here and let the team know I love my Zune 80, Zune software, and I'm looking forward to the Zune HD.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
There may, however, have been updates, changes and amendments since those shots were taken some months ago. Cheers, Dave.
So "Internet" replaces More. I was wondering when and where "Internet" would show up.

I'm desperately hoping Zune HD team hasn't decided to go the Sony X series way. That sad player has zero "extras" or "other" things. No games, no utilities. Just media apps. My current Zune plays Sudoku, and I'm addicted to it. PLEASE tell me they'll have "something" more than what's listed on the home menu. I'll be bored into not buying one if there's nothing else.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:58 PM

Hello Dave, how are you? I (along with others) are curious as to how we can pause, play, fast forward, rewind and skip with songs without having to touch the progress bar. Could you give us any hints? Thanks. CF

Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
So "Internet" replaces More. I was wondering when and where "Internet" would show up.

I'm desperately hoping Zune HD team hasn't decided to go the Sony X series way. That sad player has zero "extras" or "other" things. No games, no utilities. Just media apps. My current Zune plays Sudoku, and I'm addicted to it. PLEASE tell me they'll have "something" more than what's listed on the home menu. I'll be bored into not buying one if there's nothing else.
Those shots are done w/o podcasts or audibooks on the Zune. Maybe it doesnt have games installed either.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post
Those shots are done w/o podcasts or audibooks on the Zune. Maybe it doesnt have games installed either.
On the screen where you can see the quick access menu, there is a "more" menu still. I assume they are under there.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubdirthill View Post
On the screen where you can see the quick access menu, there is a "more" menu still. I assume they are under there
Thanks for having a good eye. Now, I hope it's something that will have meaning in the future for the Z:HD.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 PM

Dave am I hearing that the Zune HD will have EQ presets but still no user friendly EQ?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
Dave am I hearing that the Zune HD will have EQ presets but still no user friendly EQ?
That's affirmative, only EQ presets.

Tags
dave, microsoft, questions, zune