android
Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 PM

Default S9 can't see any BT devices

I cannot get my S9 to see any other bluetooth devices.

The other day my friend was showing off his new logitech BT speakers and i said hang on i should be able to play through those and set my S9 away searching but it couldn't see them.

There were loads of other BT devices in the vicinity too including our phones and a GPS "puck"

Now i know the S9 it can't use any services from these devices (except the speakers) but it should have at least been able to see them but it just stayed on search and never came up with anything.

Am i doing somehting wrong ? or is BT broken

16GB version
2.30 firmware

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Headphones or speakers have to be put in pairing mode before your S9 will see them. It depends on the model, but usually it is done by turning them on and holding the power button down for several seconds.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 AM

I have the same problem. The BT search on the S9 is pretty much useless. It will only detect a peer BT device AFTER that device tries to connect to S9. So if your speakers require the S9 to connect first it will not work

Old 06-11-2009, 05:14 AM

Yes speakers were set in pairing mode but not picked up. All other bluetooth devices were also set discoverable so i would have expected the S9 to at least see them in the vicinity even if it it couldn't do anything with them.

I can see the S9 as a Bluetooth device from my smartphone so at least i know the BT hardware is actually working

Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The S9 had trouble seeing speakers when it first came out. They updated the firmware at least once to address this. Is your S9 fully updated? The S9 is also not like a Samsung P3. At best it will see headphones and speakers, as it doesn't have any file transfer/printing/keyboard/mouse/networking support in it. Mine connects fine with everything I've got including a bluetooth speaker/dock, 4 sets of BT headphones, an Ipod Dock adapter.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:23 AM

i am running the latest firmware 2.30

I realise that it will only use services from compatible devices but i would have thought that even with incompatible devices it would still "see" them even if it couldn't talk to them. After all it has to find a device before it can then interrogate it for compatible services.

My problem is that the scan just sits there and never sees anything no matter how many/what devices are nearby

Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 PM

is there any update to this problem?

I'm still having this issue, has anyone been able to fix it? Im running 2.50 firmwire.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harani View Post
Yes speakers were set in pairing mode but not picked up. All other bluetooth devices were also set discoverable so i would have expected the S9 to at least see them in the vicinity even if it it couldn't do anything with them.

I can see the S9 as a Bluetooth device from my smartphone so at least i know the BT hardware is actually working
Discoverable and pairing mode are not the same thing. The device must be in paring mode for the S9 to see it.

Tags
bluetooth