android
Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 PM

Default Best Sound Quality

Okay, I want to buy a new player, and from everyone's experiences with their players and different other ones. I would like to know which player has the best sound quality? I've tried the Samsung P3 and it sounds amazing to me and I'm wondering what has a better sound quality?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 AM

sound quality differ from people IMO sonys and cowons sounds one of the best players in the market ATM IMO.. I personally don't have a cowon but I tried my friends one and it sounds great.. Im actually getting an s9 soon because as I said it sounds great IMO off course...

Your millage might vary, try as many mp3 players as you can and decide according which you think is best..

Last edited by jjrosaria; 06-10-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The S9 is fantastic, so I'd give you a vote for that. The sound enhancements are actually very useful, and really bring new life into the listening experience.

D2+ is my second choice, since it's stated that it's almost identical to the S9 in SQ. Plus, it's a bit more pocket friendly.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:10 AM
Banned

Sound quality-wise there isn't much to choose between Samsung, Sony, Cowon and Sansa.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Kenwood no doubt

Old 06-10-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Sound quality-wise there isn't much to choose between Samsung, Sony, Cowon and Sansa.
Add iRiver on this list, and that's about it. And maybe Meizu, but I haven't heard it.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What, no Coby?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Philips is making some headway. Latte looks better than Coby to me.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

We have a version of Coby here that some supermarkets sell called Technika- they look just like Cobys

Last edited by Dreamnine; 06-10-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

and maybe the sound quality same too

Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Banned

I don't want one.. http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-6985.aspx

Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
You're not kidding....that does look Coby-ish

Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrosaria View Post
sound quality differ from people IMO sonys and cowons sounds one of the best players in the market ATM IMO.. I personally don't have a cowon but I tried my friends one and it sounds great.. Im actually getting an s9 soon because as I said it sounds great IMO off course...

Your millage might vary, try as many mp3 players as you can and decide according which you think is best..
'

I've read a lot about the Cowon and it seems really really nice The S9 even looks nice

Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
The S9 is fantastic, so I'd give you a vote for that. The sound enhancements are actually very useful, and really bring new life into the listening experience.

D2+ is my second choice, since it's stated that it's almost identical to the S9 in SQ. Plus, it's a bit more pocket friendly.

The more I read or hear about tthe S9 I want it more and more I've thought the P3 was already nice. I tried my friends and with his Custom EQ it seemed to have gave my IEM more bass than I wold have thought. But I heard S9 had a better sound quality I can get one around my area for $249.. Time to save up : ) And its drag and drop too? But is it true that its touch screen interface isn't as good as the P3's?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@V3ndetta: The touch screen on the S9 is utterly fantastic. All the bad you might have heard is nothing but rumors, or people who just dislike Cowon. And if you use one of the UCI's, especially Claw's, it's over the top w/features. I will GUARANTEE that you'll love the S9, and I've never put my rep on the line before.

I returned mine, honestly because I needed the money for something else(health related). Do I miss it? Oh HELL YEAH, I do. I still have my case for it ($35USD), and I even bought a Zagg Invisible Shield for it (still have that as well ). I'm now stuck w/a Q2 (sq is fantastic, so I haven't cracked up), and my Touch (GAWD, the sq is terrible) for goofing around with.

In closing, just get yourself an S9. You'll feel no buyers remorse at all,........WERD!!!!

Last edited by The DarkSide; 06-10-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
@V3ndetta: The touch screen on the S9 is utterly fantastic. All the bad you might have heard is nothing but rumors, or people who just dislike Cowon. And if you use one of the UCI's, especially Claw's, it's over the top w/features. I will GUARANTEE that you'll love the S9, and I've never put my rep on the line before.

I returned mine, honestly because I needed the money for something else(health related). Do I miss it? Oh HELL YEAH, I do. I still have my case for it ($35USD), and I even bought a Zagg Invisible Shield for it (still have that as well ). I'm now stuck w/a Q2 (sq is fantastic, so I haven't cracked up), and my Touch (GAWD, the sq is terrible) for goofing around with.

In closing, just get yourself an S9. You'll feel no buyers remorse at all,........WERD!!!!
I already love looking at it I'll save up this summer and see what I can do about getting the S9 You have the ipod Touch so comparing that with the S9 how is its touch screen interface? I just read that S9 has best sound quality but choppy touch screen, and P3 has Good SQ and Better touch screen and ipod has the best touch screen but SQ is crap. I can't disagree though. I got my Touch and i'm really disappointed by its SQ its SOO bad its not funny I gotta use it temporary xP

Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The only reason you've heard the Cowon S9's touchscreen is crap, is because of it's firmware.

It's true that with older firmware, the touchscreen is a little laggy, and the accelerometer and the album art isn't as smooth as it can be.

But, with the latest firmware upgrade, the S9 is super fluid, and not laggy at all.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
The only reason you've heard the Cowon S9's touchscreen is crap, is because of it's firmware.

It's true that with older firmware, the touchscreen is a little laggy, and the accelerometer and the album art isn't as smooth as it can be.

But, with the latest firmware upgrade, the S9 is super fluid, and not laggy at all.

Woah I need my own update ! Wow that just makes me want the S9 more xP Goood Touch screen , Awesome Sound Quality, Drag and Drop! Plus those extra forward and back buttons on it. What else do you need on a player

Old 06-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

curiouswonderer is correct, as the updates have really improved on the lagginess problem. Also, as I mentioned, using a UCI will really improve on an already spectacular player. Claws in particular is just amazing, and it allows you to also use other UCI's w/it. You need to try it to understand how good it really is.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

how about Sony X1000?? many people (especially in hf) recommended this than S9 if you search for sound quality and dont care for the price.

Tags
mp3, p3, player, sound quality, top