android
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Default Making a playlist with music on Fuze memory

I'm the proud owner of a Sansa Fuze with a large collection of music. I have a graduation party coming up and plan to hook my Fuze up to a stereo and play my music throughout the party. First, I need to make a playlist of music appropriate for the party (no screaming or swearing). Unfortunatly, I've added music from a large number of computers and no longer have access to some of the files. Is there a way for me to make a playlist using the music already on my Fuze, or even a way to copy the music back onto my computer? Thanks a million.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwards12691 View Post
I'm the proud owner of a Sansa Fuze with a large collection of music. I have a graduation party coming up and plan to hook my Fuze up to a stereo and play my music throughout the party. First, I need to make a playlist of music appropriate for the party (no screaming or swearing). Unfortunatly, I've added music from a large number of computers and no longer have access to some of the files. Is there a way for me to make a playlist using the music already on my Fuze, or even a way to copy the music back onto my computer? Thanks a million.
Use the GoList on the Fuze....it goes up to 200 songs. Just press and hold the center button to add songs to it.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 PM

Is there another way so I can do more than that?

Old 06-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwards12691 View Post
Is there another way so I can do more than that?
How long of a party are you planning? 200 songs lasts quite a while. If you think you need a longer playlist than that, someone that actually uses playlists (I almost never do, and if I do, the GoList is sufficient) will have to chime in with some tips. Searching here will find you threads discussing the issue.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 AM

You don't say which USB mode you are using (MTP or MSC). The options available for creating playlists depend on the USB mode.

If using MSC, Winamp is the easiest option. Just drag files from the Fuze into Winamp's playlist editor, arrange as desired, and save the playlist (m3u) to the Fuze's MUSIC folder. Note's it's critical that you save the playlist directly to the Fuze's MUSIC folder. If you save it somewhere else and try to copy it to the Fuze, the paths in the playlist will be incorrect and it won't work.

For MTP mode, WMP is probably best. But as I can't stand WMP, someone else would have to advise you on the procedure.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM

Someone on this forum was saying that if the music was loaded in MTP mode you can just highlight the songs you want in the playlist, right click on them, and click on an option that says something like "create playlist".

I'll see if I can find the post...
[later]
Well, couldn't find a post that I recognized, so I just tried it myself. Check the screenshot. This is Windows 7 RC but I imagine the option is also available in Vista and possibly XP.

After you click "Create Playlist" a playlist will be created (.PLA). I tried it on my Fuze, when I disconnected the player the database refreshed and my new playlist was in the Playlist menu (of all places).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot - 6_3_2009 , 10_54_46 AM.jpg (15.8 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Hirudin; 06-03-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 AM

nice find!

Works with Vista but couldn't see it work on XP.

you don't have to highlight all the files you want and then create the playlist. you could create the playlist with 1 or some songs then double click the playlist afterwards and add songs via drag and drop

seemed to work find that way for me!

Tags
fuze, playlist, sansa