android
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Discounts on Slotradio cards?

Any place selling these at a discount? When will they be on sale?
$40 seems a bit expensive. Will there be 500 song cards for under $20? Imo items priced under $20 would be much more attractive as am impulse sale.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 AM
ABI Founder

Yeah $20 is way more attractive of a price. But im not sure that would happen since they have to pay a license fee per song on there.

Im really not sure the SlotRadio will make it another few months. They pulled them from my best buy and i really havent heard too much about them. I have been trying to write a review for it but i just dont get it. I dont understand who is buying. Anyone have an expereince or know somone who has purchased one? How is is being used? Do they like it? ect... would love some antictdotal feedback on this.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

"Yeah $20 is way more attractive of a price. But im not sure that would happen since they have to pay a license fee per song on there.
"

If the licensing cost is the same for each song, then retailing a 1,000 song card for $40 or a 500 card song card for $20 shouldn't matter in terms of licensing cost per song. The cost per song for the hardware would be different though, as a 500 song card might cost almost the same(or perhaps the same?) as a 1,000 song card to manufacture.

"Im really not sure the SlotRadio will make it another few months. They pulled them from my best buy and i really havent heard too much about them."

Imo the $40 price is one of the main reasons. $20 or under is a much better price point for an impulse purchase. Of course having the songs only play in order and not allowing one to make a playlist from the card to play only the favorite songs on the card is a very negative factor.

The Slotradio player seems like a big mistake. Since the cards work in the Fuze as well, they should have skipped making the Slotradio player, and had the cards available either separately, or at discount price bundled with a Fuze.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did the SlotRadio really make it to BestBuy? I know that the SlotMusic player was at Best Buy, and was pulled from the one in Clarence NY.

Neither product appears to have reached Canada. The web-site won't even ship the SR to Canada.

Steve

Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 AM

Sansa's website has some updated information on the cards including very short music previews.

Does anyone know the bit-rate of the music?

If the cards get a bit cheaper or musicly tighter focused I might be interested