android
Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 AM

Default Monkey Island returns!

http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

From the guys that already revived Sam & Max - successfully. Oh yes, now I can die happy!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
General Audio Moderator

rubber chicken with a pulley through the middle FTW ! it looks great, same perfectly stylized graphics that made the new sam and max work so well ^^.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:37 AM

Seems the true and perfect adventure games of yore make a rather nice comeback. Even the bastards at Lucasarts woke up: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

Hi-res revamped version of MI1 instead of yet another boring Star Wars franchise game!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

:O

Happy happy, joy joy!

Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 AM

Episode 1 of Telltale's Monkey Island has been released... now excuse me for the next few days until I play through it.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 AM

Ryan Davis seemed to really like it:
http://www.giantbomb.com/tales-of-mo...26776/reviews/

I might try to finish Sam and Max series 1 before I jump on to this.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I finished episode 1 yesterday. Good old Monkey Island! I don't really like the way you move Guybrush, it's seems a little odd. When I started playing it on Tuesday, it didn't feel like Monkey Island. Then when I got back on yesterday, it really felt like Monkey Island.... it's lots of fun. I can't wait for the rest of the season

Old 07-10-2009, 10:56 AM

I just finished the episode, and just like any other Telltale game, I wasn't disappointed... yes, I played every episode of every game they ever made (Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit, Bone, Strong Bad, ...).

They sure thoroughly understand each franchise they take over, Telltale just gets the feel and the stories right.

The mouse-walk control is really stupid and doesn't work. Makes you stumble around like a drunk. Good thing the good old WASD or arrow-key controls still work normally. In the Sam & Max episodes you just clicked on where you wanted to go to, which works nicely... guess Telltale has to rethink that mouse-circle-arrow thing. Anyways, that doesn't distract from the gameplay since you can use other controls. That first episode is very promising.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
They sure thoroughly understand each franchise they take over, Telltale just gets the feel and the stories right.
I love how Telltale is made up of just a bunch of old LucasArts guys. Many of the people that developed the first Monkey Islands are working on the new MI which is just awesome. They are really doing a great job.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 PM

Did anyone play the wiiware version of these games? Are they good, and I was wondering if it is still good even if you never played the other games?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:34 AM

Haven't played the Wii versions, but I doubt they're overly different than the PC versions.

Sure, the new series makes sense on its own. You don't really have to know the old LucasArts games to get the humor.