android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2009, 12:19 AM

Lightbulb ARTIST= tag problem - solved?

Being a new D2+ owner, and having come from the iPod world where SQ is compromised for ease of syncing, I really wanted this purchase to work flawlessly - however, that has not been the case.

I realize a great majority of users here love the drag-and-drop "ness"of the D2 but I am a big fan of plug-in and update with no thinking required. That said, making sure all my Apple Lossless files got converted over to FLAC and then put into folders with the correct cover.jpg without using a media manager (I have a mac so nothing works well with the D2) has been a nightmare - especially when they all resulted in an ARTIST= kind of mis-tagging on the player itself.

I've read in several places that this issue can be solved by removing all the embedded FLAC album art, so... I installed a virtual machine, ran Windows, and installed the gamut of apps - from Album Art Downloader (very good for installing the cover.jpg into the correct folder), J.River (would not recognize D2+), Songbird (great but did not snyc), MP3tag (best thing yet) and MediaMonkey (yuck). Seven days and 20 beers later, I still got ARTIST= labels on the player even AFTER going into MP3tag and removing all embedded art.

FINALLY, after looking at what artists resulted in this error while others didn't I realized that in the ones that did, they had the extra tag of <ALBUM ARTIST> in MP3tag in the extended tags. I just selected all flacs, removed this field for all of them, selected them all again, and then saved them (very important to save before quitting).

NO MORE ARTIST= !!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
artwork, d2, d2+, flac, tag, tagging