android
Old 06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Banned

Volume in my Sony isn't low at all..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-19-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrosaria View Post
I have some WAV songs on my walkman A728, it supports Id3 and album art, what are you talking about??
I don't have a clue how you did that.
I have (had) a walkman s618 and everytime I add album art to the wav file
manually and then put the file on the walkman to play it no album art shows up. Please tell me how you do this. I'm not sure about the ID3 though as I browse by files. But on my sansa clip (I think) this feature didn't work.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
there is no volume issue as far as I know, since none of the reviews from websites have even mentioned it. the buttons on the screen are the same ones as in the previous walkmansm 80x, 81x, 82x, and 700 series.
There was no meantin on that on A828 either but when i Got A828 i found the volume be lower than other player i wont trust reviews until i hear it myself

To Add ID3 art just use program like Tag&rename easy to use
I tag both Song/album/artist name and Album art

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolvibes View Post
There was no meantin on that on A828 either but when i Got A828 i found the volume be lower than other player i wont trust reviews until i hear it myself

To Add ID3 art just use program like Tag&rename easy to use
I tag both Song/album/artist name and Album art
not official reviews, reviews by people.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:20 PM

Review by Anythingbutipod.com

Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 PM
ABI Founder

uploading another video and posting the review shortly.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Personally, I think it's time for you to try the S9 jjr, I think you'll really like it.
The only reason i am not considering S9 is because it has no AAC format supports!! i mean wth, sony and samsung has it and Cowon does not?? My whole library is filled with AAC formats. even my 100 dollar Sony Walkman has it. blah.. other wise i would get the S9 ASAP

Old 07-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Look at this http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/i-...ml#post5815954

Man, the Sony is now getting so irresistible. I was going through Head-fi and came across this other review too from a customer:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/i-...ml#post5818204

In the posts below they mention that the Sony even sounds better when it burns in some (something to do with the built in amplifier).

I also see that Amazon is giving $5 credit towards mp3 downloads for buying the player. Also, Sony giving 100 free songs as a bonus too. Now call me crazy but I'm starting to believe that this is an added $105 of value may be worth it to the buyer that mostly buys their music online. Thank goodness I buy CDs as this would appeal to me like hell (I mean heaven, lol).

Zune HD come on, I don't know if I can resist any longer. Yes I can. I'll try to hold on for you though. Please no more killer Sony reviews like that though and i'll be fine.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
In the posts below they mention that the Sony even sounds better when it burns in some (something to do with the built in amplifier).
This sounds like the "audiophile listening habits" thread.....solid state components burning in to sound better? I could see how some burn in might help a speaker driver, but solid state components? That seems questionable to me. Any EE's here that think solid state burn in is real, or is this an audiophile placebo?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
I don't have a clue how you did that.
I have (had) a walkman s618 and everytime I add album art to the wav file
manually and then put the file on the walkman to play it no album art shows up. Please tell me how you do this. I'm not sure about the ID3 though as I browse by files. But on my sansa clip (I think) this feature didn't work.
I use WMP to rip my songs and automatically get album art for me (and tags) then when I transfer it to my walkman it works perfectly

Old 07-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If this thing was $300USD for the 32gb, as I've stated, I'd have 1 in my hand. I'm not paying $400 for something that's purposely priced so high, just cause Sony can,..........no matter how good it sounds. My S9 sounds fantastic, and that's a fact jack!!!

If it was priced right, not 1 retailer on the net, not 1 B&M seller would have it in stock. It's great at what it does, but are we all rollin' in dough?!?!?!

EDIT: You know what,.....? I ordered 1 from Dell. I'm going to test it out just to see what it sounds like. When I'm done, Ill return it. I'd like to see if it's all that much better than my S9, and hitting max volume on the player was never an issue. I've yet to pass 25 on the S9, and that's w/my 60ohm MDR-V6 cans.

We'll see what all the hub-bub is about, and if it's all that & a bag of chips (w/a box of doughnuts on the side!!!).

Last edited by The DarkSide; 07-05-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
If this thing was $300USD for the 32gb, as I've stated, I'd have 1 in my hand. I'm not paying $400 for something that's purposely priced so high, just cause Sony can,..........no matter how good it sounds. My S9 sounds fantastic, and that's a fact jack!!!

If it was priced right, not 1 retailer on the net, not 1 B&M seller would have it in stock. It's great at what it does, but are we all rollin' in dough?!?!?!

EDIT: You know what,.....? I ordered 1 from Dell. I'm going to test it out just to see what it sounds like. When I'm done, Ill return it. I'd like to see if it's all that much better than my S9, and hitting max volume on the player was never an issue. I've yet to pass 25 on the S9, and that's w/my 60ohm MDR-V6 cans.

We'll see what all the hub-bub is about, and if it's all that & a bag of chips (w/a box of doughnuts on the side!!!).
wow.. u can do that??? I wish I could do that.. keep us posted

Old 07-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrosaria View Post
wow.. u can do that??? I wish I could do that.. keep us posted
I can only do it based on the fact that I have a Dell credit acct. It sometimes allows me to try a player, then send it back if it's a dud. I've done it before w/players that I've wanted, and they were so bad I'd never even admit to what I tried here on ABI,.....

Old 07-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I can only do it based on the fact that I have a Dell credit acct. It sometimes allows me to try a player, then send it back if it's a dud. I've done it before w/players that I've wanted, and they were so bad I'd never even admit to what I tried here on ABI,.....
Coby?

Old 07-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

@TDS - I bet you wind up keeping it.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Coby?
Lets not even go there Marv,.................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
@TDS - I bet you wind up keeping it.
Maybe, but then I'm hunting you down, based on the fact that you even put that thought in my head!!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd try the Sony if I found one in a local store that had a no-questions return policy.
Those that have one, did it come with any demo songs/videos/photos when new? If so I would simply take my good headphones with me to have a listen on a store demo model.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:07 PM

I believe amazon has a return policy on these. Darkside I did your number and ordered it to see what the hub bub is all about.
Will be reporting shortly. I will try to give some RMAA results too. I hope my sound card doesn't suck though.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
@ksh9394: The SQ was never in question, the price is. As a whole the device is good, but it's priced against the iPod Touch, and that's a no-no. If Sony wishes to really put a dent into the market share of Apple, they really need to price thier products accordingly.
I agree with you.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 07-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I agree with you.
Nope.
I just got back in town from a long weekend with my x1061 and I'm just too damn tired to write a review tonight but knowing what I do now, It's not that I wish I hadn't bought it. I wish that I had better options. More to come tomorrow. It will not be pretty.

Sneek peek: That !@#$ing creating library crap is carried over from the E series. That alone should make you RUN.