android
Old 05-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I really want gapless, and the lagginess is annoying, but I'll be patient till the player speeds up a bit more. It's not the UCI's that slow the player really, it's the firmware. Sooner or later (sooner I hope) this will all be addressed by Cowon.

It's really a fantastic player, much better than I expected it to be. If we wait a bit, it'll do nothing but get better. Even Sony cant promise certain improvements w/a fw update, Cowon can!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-26-2009, 08:21 AM

I have recently upgraded to 2.30 from 2.10, all my songs played fine on 2.1 although cover art appeared pixelated for some albums.
Now on 2.3 after resynching with winamp (for some reason it added songs already on the player, although that could be tagging issues which i thought i had resolved with mp3tag), now some of my songs won't play and a message says invalid file when i try and play them. Not sure if these invalid ones are those that were repeat synched, as i removed the repeats manually afterwards, which took a while.

Has anyone else come across this or know what is going wrong?
I may remove all songs and sync againto see if that works but i takes about an hour to put my extensive collection on.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM

Cowon really needs to improve the choppiness of the coverflow (didn't see an improvement in 2.30 final), look how smooth it is on the zune HD!
http://gizmodo.com/5272228/zune-hd-h...and-video-tour

Old 05-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Coverflow is gone in 2.30 unless you are using an old Music.swf. Now the landscape view is a 5 x 3 array of cover art. Tap on an album to see it full screen with the songs lidted beside it. Slide the array to see more pages of the albums.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Coverflow is gone in 2.30 unless you are using an old Music.swf. Now the landscape view is a 5 x 3 array of cover art. Tap on an album to see it full screen with the songs lidted beside it. Slide the array to see more pages of the albums.
Excuse me, I said coverflow instead of cover art array. I have an S9 and 2.30 so you don't need to explain it. It's laggy/choppy compared to the smooth transition animations in the Zune HD video.

Last edited by j3ff1986; 05-28-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff1986 View Post
It's laggy/choppy compared to the smooth transition animations in the Zune HD video.
See, that's the trade-off Cowon made with using Flash for its user interface. Flash adds an extra level of processing which isn't required (or is much more optimised) in the Touch or Zune. However the S9 does get UCIs and Flash apps as a result.

Personally the next biggest thing on my wishlist for the S9 is smoothing out the UI's choppiness too. Then comes a bunch of listening necessities like gapless, playlist support and "now playing" list enqueuing.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 AM

can't they let us just switch from modes, like Own OS / Flash OS , similar like MSC / MTP?
So when you don't want custom UI's u do cowon's own OS, and when you do, you do Flash OS. And you still can use flash apps when the OS isn't flash, right?

Old 06-05-2009, 02:10 AM

I got the Hunter game (though its in the Utilities section) when I did this firmware upgrade. Id like to see more of these(can anyone point me in the right direction for G Sensor games?).

But anyways, I am a bit meh with the album art matrix. I do like browsing by album art covers though. I think I still liked the old (2.10) display, and think itd be nice to have kept it AS WELL as adding the new matrix.

Quick question with the resume fix... Is it meant to resume playback or just remember where in the song it was up to? I think resuming playback is the way to go, but mine doesnt.

Im, about to try out Claws UI.

Last edited by invertedskull; 06-05-2009 at 02:21 AM.