android
Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default 2.30 Final Firmware

http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...ory=27&bmenu=M

Quote:
- Added to display the title of the music file on the screen when you start music in matrix browser.

- Improved displaying picture quality of album art in Music mode.

- Improved conducting speed when you play music.

- Added settings that you can choose sharpen or soften tone in Video mode.

- Fixed the error that resume functionality were occasionally not working.

- Fixed errors in UCI FSCommand 'EtcUsrSetString', 'EtcUsrGetString'.
Wonder what "conducting" means...

And resume never worked at all, since the S9 doesn't resume, just remembers the place in a track. Which of course got fixed thanks to Claw.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 AM

so its just all bug fixes?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Just Refinements of the 2.30beta. No new apps since 2.20.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks dfkt, I'm on it.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 AM

They seem to have taken there time and not done much, people were execting at least another g-sensor game.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Now we can look forward to 2.40. Deleting a "b" is not worth a game.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd rather they improve on the main functions (gapless, official h264 support, real resume, etc.) than adding yet more showoff stuff... but that's not how Cowon rolls.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:18 PM

Well since I didn't use the beta fw I have to disagree that nothing has changed. A beta is only a test version of the final one so I don't know what you did expect to change?

In fact I am quite satisfied with the new matrix browser because the old cover flow was a mess. Of course I would have appreciated some improvements like dfkt mentioned, but it may still come. Cowon has published new firmware nearly every month, which is quite often in my opinion. So I expect the next update to come in 3 to 4 weeks as well...

Old 05-22-2009, 07:33 PM

god damnit since upgrade it will not play any files on here. crashes as soon as i select "Artists" from the Music icon.

I upgraded from 2.10 and have a Cowon s9 16gb

Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 PM

Just upgraded, and using Claw's latest UI my background seems to be stuck on black. Any ideas? That's the only obvious problem I see.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The player is too slow, I'm really getting annoyed at the laggy UI, and the slow response. Off to rma this thing I go. Great sq, check. Great screen, check. Slow and buggy, check. Even w/Claws excellent UCI, coupled w/the SawaFish created UCI, this player is really becoming more user-UN-friendly.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you've updated from 2.20 or earlier, then you'll need new versions of Claw's and other's UCIs. My best advice is to remove any replacement SWFs from the S9, then check the performance. The add them in one-at-a-time to check if any one of them is bogging down the UI.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
If you've updated from 2.20 or earlier, then you'll need new versions of Claw's and other's UCIs. My best advice is to remove any replacement SWFs from the S9, then check the performance. The add them in one-at-a-time to check if any one of them is bogging down the UI.
Been there, done that. Remember, I'm a Cowon lover. I researched the player BEFORE getting it. The audio & video quality are unbeatable, but the lagginess of a flash-based UI isn't for me I guess. I wouldn't badmouth the S9, I just feel it's not for me. Still gets 2 thumbs up tho!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I see you have a Touch. So do I. Apple spent years working on the iPhone/Touch interface before releasing it to the public. They have a dedicated graphics co-processor in them to handle that smooth UI. Everyone else jumped onto the touchscreen bandwagon after, and are still a year or two behind in getting that "smooth" graphics flow down. The ironic thing is that had they avoided trying to show off their respective graphics abilities no one would have cared.

So I look at these touchscreen players not for how smooth they can transition screens, but rather how efficient they are at letting me get to and play my media. I care how quickly they power up. I count how many taps or strokes it take to find and play a certain set of songs among a standard collection I put on all of them.

The S9's direct-to-play approach is less efficient than the Samsung P2/P3's optional approach. They let you hold the music icon for a little longer to go to the now-playing screen, or give it a quick tap to step into the music sort menu tree.

The S9 provides a better final experience in some apps though. The Music sounds better, the photos and video are more beautiful (and larger).

Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 AM

What happens when Cowon get to 2.90
2.91?
3.00 non global/DMB?

A bit of a silly question but, any ideas.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:06 PM

mabe 2.90.1 or something else...

@jsully, i've had the same problem. When you choose multiple background, you need to select the images by folders. To do that, go to the picture broser, click on the up arrow, then folders. Now choose the picture you want and it should work!

Old 05-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezmin556 View Post
What happens when Cowon get to 2.90? 2.91? 3.00 non global/DMB?
Either they'll stop making new firmware and move on to next year's device(s), or jump up by 3. 1.9 will move to 4.0. 2.9 moves to 5.0. 3.9 moves to 6.0. I expect them to give up on the S9 and be working on the next model by then.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I cant send it back, nothing I have even sounds half as good!!! Darn you all, this thing really is the best. Guess I'll just have to wait till the Flash UI's catch up, and Claw, + a few others are/is doing a damn fine job!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Either they'll stop making new firmware and move on to next year's device(s), or jump up by 3. 1.9 will move to 4.0. 2.9 moves to 5.0. 3.9 moves to 6.0. I expect them to give up on the S9 and be working on the next model by then.
Thanks.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Been there, done that. Remember, I'm a Cowon lover. I researched the player BEFORE getting it. The audio & video quality are unbeatable, but the lagginess of a flash-based UI isn't for me I guess. I wouldn't badmouth the S9, I just feel it's not for me. Still gets 2 thumbs up tho!!!

I'm in the same position dude, right now my S9 is on the back burner, and my newly acquired 30gb Zune is my player of choice. Until someone comes out with a better flash UI i'll jump back on.