android
Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Default Can't seem to convert video files to my A729...

Loving the player despite some quirks (maybe a thread about this later) but I can't seem to be able to convert files.

I tried the converter advised in a thread here, AVS, but it didn't work out as 1) I couldn't find the right setting advised here:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...675#post315675
2) it was the unactivated version (don't want to pay while it could be cheaper to pay Sony) which would give me a full banner right in the middle of the movie...

I also tried Handbrake and could figure out how it works but I didn't seem to be able to get it to work... it just didn't do anything once I clicked start.

EDIT: I got handbrake working... I selected the same specs as advised in the previous thread but it didn't work. The video of course plays on my PC and transfers to the A729 (normally if the format isn't supported it warns me, but not this time), but the player says it's not a supported format.

What can I use to convert those files to the right settings for my A729 and where can I get the software..? Thanks guys!

EDIT 2: got it! I followed some instructions in a thread I found here saying to use the Ipod preset but set level to 13 et voila. Didn't even take that long.

Last edited by Pierre; 05-20-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Don't suppose you could share those settings? I only seem to get as far as Unsupported. Am using 0.98, If I let Media go transfer the files I end up with bits of the audio missing.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 AM

I've had some luck with Media Go and converting videos for my NWZ-E465 Walkman. Another program you can try is MediaMonkey Version 4 (the current version). It has the ability to convert videos as it syncs them to your player.
iTunes, MediaMonkey 4, Content Transfer, and Media Go 2.5,
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 09-28-2012, 07:36 PM

I've found it now, with the new version of handbrake you just select the iPod setting and in the box at the bottom of the advanced tab, change the initial 30 to 13.

You can then play with the rest of the settings so long as you use stereo aac (or aac passthrough if the source is suitable) for audio, and a resolution no bigger than 320x240 with a bitrate of no larger than 768. Only took me a day of fiddling to rule out all other possible combinations But video quality is now as good as I'd expect from a screen like that