android
Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Default Zune mp4 metadata, help make an automated program

I used a program called AtomicParsley which can read & tag the metadata info on mp4/m4v files. The hope from this thread is to gain insight to the way metadata is used on the zune, so one day a program that can automate (from imdb or whatever) tagging like the many ones for the iPod. Here are my findings so far:

In the Zune Program it is tagged thus:

Category: Series
Series Title: Futurama
Season: 4
Episode title: Where No Fan Has Gone Before
Episode: 11
Release Date: Unknown Date
Genre: Comedy
Description: The comedy antics of the Planet Express Delivery Company.

Note: It appears that the newest Zune program (3.1) no longer writes tags to the actual files, but it still reads them if present.

the --metaDump line for Atomic Parsley dumps all 'moov.udta' metadata to a .raw file:

#Yudta nmeta hdlr mdir Bilst nam #data # Futurama #gnre #data : #Xtra W #WM/SubTitle # @ #W h e r e N o F a n H a s G o n e B e f o r e + #WM/WMRVEncodeTime # # #'[@@ 8 #WM/MediaClassPrimaryID # # H0۳:O7#_K : #WM/MediaClassSecondaryID # # H%bG#FQ* # % #WM/SeasonNumber #
## & #WM/EpisodeNumber #
## #WM/SubTitleDescription # z #T h e c o m e d y a n t i c s o f t h e P l a n e t E x p r e s s D e l i v e r y C o m p a n y .

Interpreting the metadata:

Genre and Series Title are linked with iTunes tags gnre and cnam respectively according to atomic parsley.

WM/SubTitleDescription =>Description
WM/SubTitle => Episode title
WM/SeasonNumber likely equates to Season
WM/EpisodeNumber likely equates to Episode
WM/MediaClassPrimaryID and WM/MediaClassSecondaryID are probably some hex values used by the Zune program
WM/WMRVEncodeTime is either some tag no one really cares about, or the length of the movie. I think it is the length of the movie because when a --metaEnema is used, the zune software displays a 0:00 under length (still plays correctly though)

The next step is probably to either look at the raw file with a hex editor and peek at the source code of atomic parsley.

If you want the .raw file, PM me. If you want the actual movie file, i can't do that. Any input on what to do would be nice.
You don't have to fight the monster, at first you can run away. Later on you can blind it causing it to fall off the balcony. When the opportunity arrives, push it off the bridge. If you have time, you can even put the beast out of its misery.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]