android
Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 AM

Default Connect Stopped Turning On!

I just bought a 4gb Sansa Connect, new in box from Amazon, 10 days ago. It initially charged fine, held and transferred songs fine; and I especially loved the "Playlist" option, which I didn't have with my Sansa e260. It has a very poor battery life - I believe it drains to almost nothing within four hours.

Last night, I was trying to upload more songs to the Connect. Every time I plugged the unit into the computer, the system would reboot, and then hang at the startup screen. I had to reset it each time.

Frustrated, I figured it had something to do with the low battery, so I attempted to charge it overnight. And then again all day today.

I've tried charging it in different outlets, using both the adapter it came with and the adapter for my e260, connecting it to the computer: nothing, even after hours of being plugged in. I even tried to set it to recovery mode, like the manual suggests, which is sort of rediculous because you can't do that if the power won't turn on.

Is there something I can do to fix it? Or is this a defective player? I'm starting to think it would be less of a headache to return it and buy another e200 series.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]