android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2009, 04:08 AM

Default New D2+ user trying to use on MAC OS

I am a long-time iPod user who recently discovered the wonderful SQ benefits of the D2+. Also, I have recently begun redoing my entire music collection in Apple Lossless as I still use iTunes as my main music manager. That said, I need to accomplish quite a few things before I can justify keeping the D2+ instead of filling Apple's pockets with yet another iPod purchase.

#1 - I have been converting all my ALACs over to FLACs using XLD and keeping in a separate folder on my desktop - this seems to be working well but if anyone has any other ideas, please shoot.

#2 - I need to find a media manager that is SUPPORTED BY MAC OS X that will not only read from the folder that all my FLAC are going into (so it needs to support FLAC first and foremost) but will also allow for ID3 tag corrections, album art, and the biggie, uploading to the D2.

I have tried Songbird and it looks great but the problem is that it won't recognize the D2 even after finagling with the MTP settings, which only seem to help out PC users. I even tried installing XNJB, but that looks to only support MP3's (no FLAC).

Can someone please help as I really do like the SQ and features of the D2+ and would hate to have to send it back due to inability to sync!?

Any help is VERY much appreciated!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
cowon, d2, d2+, mac os, media manager