android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
ABI Founder

Default Amazon Blackberry App = Fun

Im a big fan of Amazon and is where i purchase most of the stuff i buy online. Its nice to use it as a shopping list too with the Blackberry Amazon application. Basically what this does is i take a photo of what i want to buy and send the picture to amazon. They look at the photo and make the best match for the product.

I was out of coffee, so i took a picture of the empty can. Sure enough amazon found the product and told me how much it was. i clicked buy.

I was at lunch the other day with a friend and i wanted to show off the power of the app so i took a picture of the salt and pepper shakers on the table and sure enough it came back with almost an exact match. My friend was impressed.

I continued to use it just for fun, but found more legitimate uses. I noticed that my headlight was out on my car and i kept forgetting to to buy a light. So i though, ok they probably wont find the correct item if i take a picture of my headlight out, but it will at least put somethign on my shopping list as a reminder to find the right one....

but to my surprise, i took this picure and got back the proper headlamps for my car...

...thats not even the coolest part!

Im in the kitchen and i dropped a kitchen knive (the famous one from the screen tests). as it was falling i grabbed it from the wrong end and it sliced my finger. I thought, man, i dont have any bandaids, i need to remember to buy them. So i took a photo of my bloody finger and sent it to Amazon.

A few min later they suggested i buy these:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
amazon, blackberry