android
Old 11-21-2006, 02:08 AM

Default When Cheap AUX jacks don't cut it.

Will I don't know about you guys But FM transmitters never worked well for me. So i got a radio with a aux in. Thinking that it would be the best thing. But the Cheap wiring fail and came lose.

So I hard wire my 2 ended cable into my face plate.
-One cut and so solder later-

And this is it when it is all done. Looks like a pro job. I used hot glue to help hold it in.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-21-2006, 12:44 PM

lmfao sony!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

what the hell did you expect? REAL decks have RCA AUX in on the back

Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 PM

Yeah, I called them just to see if i could get them to fix it and they where like you need this http://www.niksik.com/comp/32452353/
I was like nowhere in your lil booklet does it say i need that. Plus it is like 40-100 bucks. And i fixed it myself. The only this RCA on this thing was the sub outs on the back.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr5owner
lmfao sony!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

what the hell did you expect? REAL decks have RCA AUX in on the back
again, another ignorant comment...rather than congratulating this guy on a great solution to a problem and thank him for helping other people that may have the same problem, you chose to bash his choice in products or his inability by buy something "real"...you're treading on thin ice...tread lightly. I've had enough of opening my inbox and seeing reports of your posts.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182
again, another ignorant comment...rather than congratulating this guy on a great solution to a problem and thank him for helping other people that may have the same problem, you chose to bash his choice in products or his inability by buy something "real"...you're treading on thin ice...tread lightly. I've had enough of opening my inbox and seeing reports of your posts.

Hmm wow i did not even take it that way. but a guess your right he was making fun.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendusk
Hmm wow i did not even take it that way. but a guess your right he was making fun.
it may not have been as obvious, but he has a history of it...just trying to make a point that it needs to end. You did do a great job solving your dilemma there...very nice work

Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I can't get the pictures to load for some reason, but from the description of what you did, it sounds like something I would have done as well.

Thumbs up!

Old 11-26-2006, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182
And let me add that I really appreciate the post and pix. I just installed a Sony deck that looks very similar to this one. The main reason I put it in was for the aux in jack, so I'm sure you can see how I'm very interested in the potential for a problem on my end and the solution that greendusk came up with.

And as for having the RCA jacks on the back, when you have 5 daps that you use on different occasions, pulling your dash apart to plug in a different one for the day is not an option. The front jack is convenient and looks good.

ZV:M (black)
Zen V (4 Gig)
Zen Microphoto (orange)
Zen Nano Plus (red)
Sandisk Sansa m240 (backup DAP)
PA2V2 amplifier
AKG K240 Studio, Shure E4c-n, Shure E2c, Koss Sparkplugs, Koss KSC75, Creative EP630
BSE, Kroo black silicon case, black Kroo Forza & Melrose cases, i-tec aluminum case, Case Logic WMPC5