android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman X Series

Old 05-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Exclamation Sony Walkman X Series Pricing,...............

This is a listing of the release pricing for the new Sony Walkman X Series. On Amazon.com in the USA it's being released @$299.95 for 16gb, and @$399.95 for 32gb.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Walkman-V...2218065&sr=8-2

Please post the release pricing in your country below. I hope it drops quickly, as this isn't going to help it's sales.

Last edited by The DarkSide; 05-13-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 AM

There is no reason for it to drop, because dropping price isn't a sony thing. sony doesn't check consumers' feedbacks or how apple is kicking its ass right now. When developers and stores all call for a ps3 price cut, sony said no firmly even if it means nintendo and ms will kick its ass longer too.

pretty much X walkman is in line with ps3 price, instead of being in line with itouch and other competitors. i think people in uk usa asia countries are so fortunate to be charged at a kind price, look what's up in australia, we have australian fans in this forum, we get ripped off each time. even with E and B entry level series we get over charged, also on carry cases and usb cables too.

if anyone can still get the aussie site that would be great: 16GB 640AUD, 32GB 799AUD, now cnet au is saying price is TBA.....becoming more expensive maybe?

Last edited by $ony$tyle; 05-13-2009 at 06:52 AM.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Can you read what I asked to be done in the thread? All I asked was for people to post the release price where they live, and I said "I HOPE THE PRICE DROPS QUICKLY", so it sells a bit better.

Since you're such an authority on Sony, and remember the days of ATRACLIFE, it confuses me that you only post to create a flame war.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:32 AM

i love sony and i hate sony, it could have killed all competitors so easily, but just why why why they keep losing like this....even the Fxxking cybershot camera is losing heavily now with nikon, panasonic and canon....just fxcking stick with decent zooms and wide angle range for consumer dc, no they always give u disappointing specs.

atraclife used to have a walkman fanboy called pata, he definitely creates the war, man i wish he is here, i am nowhere near that guy.

Last edited by $ony$tyle; 05-13-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:19 AM

Wonder why Amazon only beats sonystyle.com by 4 cents? I would hope that they sell them a good bit less. If it only plays 320x240 video like people are saying...

$ony$tyle why do you say it's not inline with the price of iTouch (iPod Touch) when they set it up to price the exact same? You know damn well if the iPod Touch was $450 for 32gb they would of priced it $450 as well.

They are trying to suggest to consumer minds that they are the worthy competitor after all this time.

Price=performance when shopping and you haven't tried anything out or heard much customer feedback.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 AM

that should go down by about 59 bucks... if (when) it does, it will sell, but until then... well, who knows?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM

I ordered from Amazon instead of Sony Style. No tax, free shipping, plus a $5 mp3 credit to boot. No-brainer.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
Wonder why Amazon only beats sonystyle.com by 4 cents? I would hope that they sell them a good bit less. If it only plays 320x240 video like people are saying...

$ony$tyle why do you say it's not inline with the price of iTouch (iPod Touch) when they set it up to price the exact same? You know damn well if the iPod Touch was $450 for 32gb they would of priced it $450 as well.

They are trying to suggest to consumer minds that they are the worthy competitor after all this time.

Price=performance when shopping and you haven't tried anything out or heard much customer feedback.
taking a trip back to japan, u'd see people holding and talking about apple products like ipod itouch instead of their once proud walkman. if price equals to performance, then beside of the hi fi quality sq, there is something not happening for the video, nc and wifi browsing performances. reviews so far never went in depth with video, nc and wifi browsing aspects, it's like they just show u then no in depth following through, like they wanna avoid it or something, i am happy enough with 470AUD spent on this thing purely for music and atrac, but other aspects are still far from number one standard

i really want to see sony beating ipod and tell my friends about how great walkman is. i used to get angry over that pata guy in atraclife, cause he owned so many walkman but gave reviews that also said something bad about walkman. now i know cause that guy said something honest about what's lacking here for the walkman, if only it gives what people have wanted

Last edited by $ony$tyle; 05-14-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:44 PM

The slacker radio support of the X-series has caught my eye, though I wish it also supported HD and XM radio..

Old 05-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Slacker support is a great feature, I use it on my BB Storm sometimes. Sony is starting to get the picture, slowly, but they're seeing the light!!!

Old 05-16-2009, 04:20 AM

the x series was supposed to be released here in may, now pushed back to early june, whatever that means, and price for the 32gb model is 499!!!!! which is 70 more than the ipod touch lol.

with taxes it will cost 558 canadian, which is sad. my cousin here in europe has an iphone and even though it is only 8 gb model, and I hate apple, I'd be willing to buy a 32gb ipod touch or even iphone.

I am in europe now, and if I can buy the 32gb model for much cheaper than in canada, I will do it, but I doubt it will be cheaper in europe.

the walkman is 29 dollars more in canada than the US, but it is not in line with the touch like it is in the US, so awesome move by sony canada, and I just noticed the touch is back to similar pricing like the US, 299, and 399. :/

Last edited by Ascariss; 05-16-2009 at 04:32 AM.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:32 AM

Hong Kong sony online shop making reservation for 16GB X-1050@USD356.00 (HK$2780)....

Old 05-16-2009, 07:33 AM

why sony doesn't built SDK for X-series????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????? ????

Old 05-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm...
A 16gb Samsung P3 is $199.
A 16gb Cowon S9 is $210.
A 16gb iriver P7 is $190. (4.3" screen).

Yes, none of these have Wifi. At $100 less than the Sony 16gb model the Sony better have bluetooth, FM with recording and RDS, voice recording, a g-sensor, FLASH support, AND Wifi. JMHO

Old 05-17-2009, 05:43 AM

the x series does not have bluetooth, no fm recording, just fm radio, no RDS, no voice recording, no g-sensor, no flash supprt and just wifi which is useless since the browser sucks.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Looks like I won't be getting a Sony. Seems they are the only major manufacturer I don't have represented in my collection. The last decent Sony I had was a 27" CRT TV. It lasted 19 years until it's power supply failed. Looks like they need some new management with contemporary vision.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 PM

hm Olley, never considered those things to be important in my purchase... ugh it really looks like the itouch is the best thing out there for an overall pmp (yes sound and video quality is reduced but I only listen and watch things on the go anyways so I don't get the best quality in a noisy environment already)

anyone think itouch will have something amazing this autumn and not just another version?

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:19 PM

For what it's worth, after having this BlackBerry Bold for a few days now...it's better than iPod Touch in just about every way except for the great web browser of iPhone/Touch. Still that is plenty good enough unless it's your only internet device.

Better video, better sound quality, better built-in speaker, better media library, and all the benefits of a smart phone. 16gb microSD cards for $45 and less...

Sorry it's not a straight PMP, but easily good enough to make me take my Samsung P3 back the next day after I got the Bold, and just keep the Q2 around.

Same price as a 16gb iPod Touch if you do a 2 year contract.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 PM

Sony Style USA is offering 100 free downloads with the purchase of a X1061. But from where?????????????
Does Sony have a music store like Amazon or itunes?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

16Gb- 199 32Gb- 259
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...ayer.3802.html