android
Old 05-11-2009, 03:06 PM

Default Need help deciding on my next audio player

I have been looking for a new audio player that will fit my needs. The Cowon D2 looks like it could be that player, however, I would like to verify before I purchase the device.

I have a need to record from FM, which I understand the D2 does. However, what I am recording is 4-5 hour business meetings, and some devices I have looked at put a limitation on the length of a recording. Can anyone confirm what length the D2 can record as a single file?

Also I know that the specs say a 55 hour battery life. I assume that is for playback though, and not for recording. Does anyone have an idea how long the battery will last while recording from FM?

Would there be a better option than the D2 for the above needs?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2009, 06:03 PM

I use the D2 to record every day via FM. I think its my units problem but it will only record30 about 4:30 min at a time. I have not been able to get anyone else to tell me how much time they can record FM. From what I know you should be able to record as long as you have memory. It does have a built in timer to record the FM and I love it. As far as voice recording goes you should be able to get 4-5 hours no problem. Battery life is not a problem with the D2 at all. I have had many players and none have even come close. I hear people with video Ipods are lucky if they can watch one movie. If you are even thinking of getting the D@ get it. It will be the best player you have ever had hands down....

Old 05-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the reply, good to know.

You mention a timer. Can I assume that is to schedule when the recordings to start and end? For instance to record a specific talk show, or the weekly top 100 countdown kinda thing?

Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 AM

Yes but only for it to come on. You can not tell it when to turn off. Not a big deal just let it keep recording. I dont know if its just my player but does about 4-5 hours of recording then it will turn off. Keep in mine you have to have it set to the radio station that you want to record before the timer will record it. I use mine everyday to record Sirius Satellite radio then take it on the go with me. You will ask yourself many times after you get the D, Why are so many sucker falling for the ipod.? The D2 hands down kicks ass on an ipod.