I bought a refurbed YH-920
It was cheap on Amazon for $130.
It was a factory refurb and the vendor on Amazon was samsungMall.com
So I bought it. Mostly because it could hold 20G and has a line-in.
I'm pretty happy with it. Had it a couple of days now.
- never responded to an email asking for a ship date or tracking number.
- got me the refurb unit in about a week
- refurbed unit looks pretty close to new. Fresh screen. No nicks.
- came boxed with all the things the new one had: belt-case, power adapter/desktop mount/USB-powerAdapter, software CD, manual, headphones, line-in cord. So I was pretty happy about that.
- 20G capacity (18G usable)
- it took a single file of 179 minutes (285MB) no problem. (I think it has a 3 hr max)
- playback sound quality
- navigation ease
- battery life
- not thrilled with Napster interface. Switched to Windows Media Player and that's working out OK for me.
- Line-in record quality is bad: Frequency range is clipped. Tinny ring at top end. Don't use it for music. So I've gone back to using my sound card for ripping audio.
- headphone earbuds are poor sounding. But everybody knew that already. You'll need new headphones.
- no good car adapter for it. I saw a webpage where LG phones use the same pinout, so I might try one of those to power the Samsung. I'll still need to find an FM transmitter for it too because I don't have a line-in on my car stereo. Oh well.
All in all, so far I've been satisfied. For a 20G hard drive player, $130 is a pretty good deal if the unit proves to last a few years.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.