android
Old 05-08-2009, 04:37 AM

Default Few questions about the p2 :D

Hey, Ive recently upgrade from a samsung s3 to a p2. So far i think the p2 is amazing but the earphones that you get with them dont suit the p2 at all. im planning on getting the sony fantopia mdr-e828lp earphones because im on a budget and they are recommended by abi as good earphones for the price. comparing the s3 stock, and the p2 stock. the s3 all round has better sound quality. but if you have a high quality mp3 file the p2 will play it alot better. its just that the s3 plays all files fairly good. if you have a low bit rate song the p2 tends to play it really shity. So if i get these new earphones and compared the p2 to the s3 again would the p2 become better all round? im assuming it would with the p2 itself having better quality. what are your opinions on this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2009, 04:48 AM

ok i take back what i said about the s3 having better sound. i think it was just because my eq settings only suiting more heavier rock songs. not soft songs. p2 is outstanding but yes my question still stands do these sony earphones i mentioned suit the p2 well?

Old 05-08-2009, 05:09 AM

Can you afford a little more? The Sony mdr-ex36v's I got were $30 in store and online some places had them for a little less. They sound really great when taking the Q2 and P3 around town. They seem to be connected in a special way to the DNSe of Samsung, atleast DNSe 3.0

Sounds better than the other 5-6 headphones i've tried them with in the past week

Old 05-08-2009, 05:21 AM

Well $30 american is like 45 here roughly. so im not to sure and i cant find them on any stores online in new zealand. You dont think these will be that good?.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:35 AM

I don't know bud....I wouldn't go lower in price personally. You want to make sure you are at a certain quality and I wouldn't trust $8 headphones of any brand without listening to them first and confirming that they are just an amazing value.

Kinda like if you have a $800 rifle...you don't go and get a $60 scope. Unless you see that somehow the thing just looks as good as a $400 scope. Thats what I know so thats what I compare it to....

The JVC Marshmallows my wife is using are good for the money, about the same price...and they get pretty damn good reviews online. For a little more though these Sony ex36v's clearly sound better and have a nice, clear, powerful sound.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:40 AM

thanks for the information bro i appreciate it i will have a look at those sony's the only thing with those is that the in ear things arnt my thing. i duno havent tried them in a while and the ones i tried wernt mine and were cheap as.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:50 AM

My wife is only 5'4 105 pounds and I have smaller ears than her somehow....so mine are pretty small...yet these are still very comfortable for me. Been using them about 8 hours a day or more as well as sleeping with them a few times. Forget they are in besides feeling the cord or seeing my son or wife with mouths moving and trying to say something but not hearing it.

I think you are best with these or others in this range or slightly higher.

I never liked in-ear headphones before these by the way...but comfort and very nice sound for a great price is found with these.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 AM

As well as you keep the volume lower with in-ears and your battery lasts longer as a result....nice to know

Old 05-08-2009, 05:56 AM

Check out http://sammyq2.blogspot.com if you want to see how they look with another Samsung. The all-black look for mine is a must for me as I have a thing about not drawing much attention in public. Old Iraq habits....

They look great with the Q2 and P3 so I'm sure the same with the P2

Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 AM

yeh i prefer black too if i have a black mp3 player i hate having any other colour except maby a bit of silver but yeh

Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantCoffee View Post
Hey, Ive recently upgrade from a samsung s3 to a p2. So far i think the p2 is amazing but the earphones that you get with them dont suit the p2 at all. im planning on getting the sony fantopia mdr-e828lp earphones because im on a budget and they are recommended by abi as good earphones for the price. comparing the s3 stock, and the p2 stock. the s3 all round has better sound quality. but if you have a high quality mp3 file the p2 will play it alot better. its just that the s3 plays all files fairly good. if you have a low bit rate song the p2 tends to play it really shity. So if i get these new earphones and compared the p2 to the s3 again would the p2 become better all round? im assuming it would with the p2 itself having better quality. what are your opinions on this?
Personally i Love the included headphones, i think they're great, the best package headphones i have ever had. Still, i upgraded to some sony MDR-EX90. These can get kinda pricey but i got mine from a chinese wholesale online store for less than $5 (They're not fake just factory reject with physical defects sound is not affected). These sound amazing with the P2, but you have to mess around with the EQ. From that same store i also got some shure E2C (also real, just not in the box). The bass on this is better than many over the ear headphones, although the overall sound sounds a bit altered. they also issolate sound really well, i use them on the bus and don't need to have the volume blasting. the site is lightinthebox.com by the way (beware: not all their stuff is real and shipping might take a while). I also used sony MDR-V150's they sound good but kinda uncomfortable after a while. best for movies! i'm now looking into some senheiser hd's. (the EX-90's have the most comfortable fit by the way)