android
  #1  
Old 05-07-2009, 08:45 PM
ballincolin's Avatar
ballincolin ballincolin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 140
Exclamation Album art coding issues!

My album art isn't showing up in my (in progress) WPS. I've coded the way it tells me to, but it won't appear! The theme works fine, the sim tells me it is loading the AA, but I can't see it. I've been to the Rockbox trouble shooting page for album art, but none of that helped.
I'm sure this is a common question, given that the Rockbox site tried to help. Sorry for the noobness.
__________________
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
herefornow's Avatar
herefornow herefornow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ohio usa
Posts: 74
Default

Probably will need to post your wps and a screenshot or picture of some kind showing location of album art.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 05-09-2009, 12:55 PM
ballincolin's Avatar
ballincolin ballincolin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Probably will need to post your wps and a screenshot or picture of some kind showing location of album art.
My album art is called cover.bpm and it's in the song's album folder. The album art does show up in other themes.
Here is the code. It's sloppy coding, I know. It get's the job done, though. (not in this case, anyway) I added the theme in a zip file, it does not follow the theme guidelines because I'm not officially releasing it.
Code:
#Desaturated by BallinColin  2009 Colin Hearon, all rights reserved.
%X|bg.bmp|
%xl|a|play.bmp|0|0|
%xl|b|pause.bmp|0|0|
%xl|c|ff.bmp|0|0|
%xl|d|rw.bmp|0|0|
%xl|e|stop.bmp|0|0|
%xl|f|v1.bmp|0|0|
%xl|g|v2.bmp|0|0|
%xl|h|v3.bmp|0|0|
%xl|i|v4.bmp|0|0|
%xl|j|v5.bmp|0|0|
%xl|k|v6.bmp|0|0|
%xl|l|v7.bmp|0|0|
%xl|m|v8.bmp|0|0|
%xl|n|v9.bmp|0|0|
%xl|o|v10.bmp|0|0|
%wd

#Progress Bar
%pb|pb.bmp|2|176|172|6|
#volume (32x27)
%V|144|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?pv<%xdf|%xdg|%xdh|%xdi|%xdj|%xdk|%xdl|%xdm|%xdn|%xdo>
#play status (32x27)
%V|0|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?mp<%xde|%xda|%xdb|%xdc|%xdd>
#Current time (24x14)
%V|2|185|24|14|0|-|-|
%pc
#Remaining time (30x14)
%V|142|185|30|14|0|-|-|
-%pr
#Song name (128x14)
%V|24|181|128|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?it<%it|Unkown Song>
#Artist name (110x14)
%V|33|194|110|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?ia<%ia|Unknown Artist>
#Song Rating (50x10)
%V|32|209|50|10|0|-|-|
%rr % sStars
#Year
%V|118|209|25|10|0|-|-|
%iy
%C
Attached Files
File Type: zip Desaturated3.zip (51.4 KB, 7 views)
__________________
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
herefornow's Avatar
herefornow herefornow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ohio usa
Posts: 74
Default

Hi, looking at your wps and the trouble shooting page. You have not included the album art string:

%Cl|x|y|[l|c|r]maxwidth|[t|c|b]maxheight|

Unless i am mistaken, this will call up your art and place it where you want. It use to be suggested to place this line at the end of your wps, above the %C

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 05-10-2009, 06:57 PM
ballincolin's Avatar
ballincolin ballincolin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Hi, looking at your wps and the trouble shooting page. You have not included the album art string:

%Cl|x|y|[l|c|r]maxwidth|[t|c|b]maxheight|

Unless i am mistaken, this will call up your art and place it where you want. It use to be suggested to place this line at the end of your wps, above the %C

Hope this helps.
Yeah, I was messing around with different things, and I was trying %C by itself, but I had tried %Cl|x|y|[l|c|r]maxwidth|[t|c|b]maxheight| too. I'll try one more time.
__________________
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 05-10-2009, 07:02 PM
ballincolin's Avatar
ballincolin ballincolin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 140
Default

Code:
#Desaturated by BallinColin  2009 Colin Hearon, all rights reserved.
%X|bg.bmp|
%xl|a|play.bmp|0|0|
%xl|b|pause.bmp|0|0|
%xl|c|ff.bmp|0|0|
%xl|d|rw.bmp|0|0|
%xl|e|stop.bmp|0|0|
%xl|f|v1.bmp|0|0|
%xl|g|v2.bmp|0|0|
%xl|h|v3.bmp|0|0|
%xl|i|v4.bmp|0|0|
%xl|j|v5.bmp|0|0|
%xl|k|v6.bmp|0|0|
%xl|l|v7.bmp|0|0|
%xl|m|v8.bmp|0|0|
%xl|n|v9.bmp|0|0|
%xl|o|v10.bmp|0|0|
%wd

#Progress Bar
%pb|pb.bmp|2|176|172|6|
#volume (32x27)
%V|144|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?pv<%xdf|%xdg|%xdh|%xdi|%xdj|%xdk|%xdl|%xdm|%xdn|%xdo>
#play status (32x27)
%V|0|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?mp<%xde|%xda|%xdb|%xdc|%xdd>
#Current time (24x14)
%V|2|185|24|14|0|-|-|
%pc
#Remaining time (30x14)
%V|142|185|30|14|0|-|-|
-%pr
#Song name (128x14)
%V|24|181|128|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?it<%it|Unkown Song>
#Artist name (110x14)
%V|33|194|110|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?ia<%ia|Unknown Artist>
#Song Rating (50x10)
%V|32|209|50|10|0|-|-|
%rr % sStars
#Year
%V|118|209|25|10|0|-|-|
%iy
%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
This is my new code, and it still won't work. The overall theme works, but the AA isn't getting displayed!
__________________
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 05-10-2009, 07:35 PM
herefornow's Avatar
herefornow herefornow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ohio usa
Posts: 74
Default

Hi, you need both.

%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 AM
ballincolin's Avatar
ballincolin ballincolin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Hi, you need both.

%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C
That didn't appear to work on the simulator. I'm so confused right now. Here is a zip file of the new theme with all the updated code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Desaturated3.zip (51.5 KB, 4 views)
__________________
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 05-11-2009, 12:27 PM
brez's Avatar
brez brez is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballincolin View Post
Here is a zip file of the new theme with all the updated code.
Code:
#Desaturated by BallinColin  2009 Colin Hearon, all rights reserved.
%X|bg.bmp|
%xl|a|play.bmp|0|0|
%xl|b|pause.bmp|0|0|
%xl|c|ff.bmp|0|0|
%xl|d|rw.bmp|0|0|
%xl|e|stop.bmp|0|0|
%xl|f|v1.bmp|0|0|
%xl|g|v2.bmp|0|0|
%xl|h|v3.bmp|0|0|
%xl|i|v4.bmp|0|0|
%xl|j|v5.bmp|0|0|
%xl|k|v6.bmp|0|0|
%xl|l|v7.bmp|0|0|
%xl|m|v8.bmp|0|0|
%xl|n|v9.bmp|0|0|
%xl|o|v10.bmp|0|0|
%wd

%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C

#Progress Bar
%pb|pb.bmp|2|176|172|6|
#volume (32x27)
%V|144|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?pv<%xdf|%xdg|%xdh|%xdi|%xdj|%xdk|%xdl|%xdm|%xdn|%xdo>
#play status (32x27)
%V|0|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?mp<%xde|%xda|%xdb|%xdc|%xdd>
#Current time (24x14)
%V|2|185|24|14|0|-|-|
%pc
#Remaining time (30x14)
%V|142|185|30|14|0|-|-|
-%pr
#Song name (128x14)
%V|24|181|128|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?it<%it|Unkown Song>
#Artist name (110x14)
%V|33|194|110|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?ia<%ia|Unknown Artist>
#Song Rating (50x10)
%V|32|209|50|10|0|-|-|
%rr % sStars
#Year
%V|118|209|25|10|0|-|-|
%iy
^ Seems to work.

I just moved the
%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C
from the bottom.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 05-11-2009, 05:12 PM
BdN3504 BdN3504 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 85
Default

Let me explain this behaviour to you:
%V|118|209|25|10|0|-|-|
%iy

%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C
doesn't show AA, because you try to display it in the viewport defined here. the dimensions of this vp are 25x10 and you try to load 176x176 aa.
The moment, you define the first viewport, everything that follows in the code is content of it. the "closing statement" of this vp will only be the eof or the declaration of a new viewport. everything you enter before the first vp declaration belongs to the default vp (which basically is a vp with the font and colours defined in the theme's cfg file and the dimensions filling the whole screen of the specific target). so you best put all the static info such as aa before your first vp declaration.
of course, putting the album art into the default vp only allows for limited conditional aa display.
you can also put the aa in it's own vp with the according dimensions:
Code:
%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%Vdc
%Vl|c|0|0|176|176|-|-|-|
%C
on the first line, i define how aa shall be loaded. you cannot skip this step, otherwise the wps parser won't know how to handle the %C line.
next i let vp "c" be displayed.
on the third line the vp "c" is defined. note that the definition of the vp must be after the display.
last line defines what is displayed in vp "c", namely aa.
see, aa is very similar to conditional VPs. you have a definition line and a displaying line.
now the merits of using conditional VPs is, that you can do such wonderful things like "only display aa if the volume is not changed" etc.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 05-12-2009, 07:01 AM
ballincolin's Avatar
ballincolin ballincolin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 140
Talking Yes! Thankyou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdN3504 View Post
Let me explain this behaviour to you:
%V|118|209|25|10|0|-|-|
%iy

%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C
doesn't show AA, because you try to display it in the viewport defined here. the dimensions of this vp are 25x10 and you try to load 176x176 aa.
The moment, you define the first viewport, everything that follows in the code is content of it. the "closing statement" of this vp will only be the eof or the declaration of a new viewport. everything you enter before the first vp declaration belongs to the default vp (which basically is a vp with the font and colours defined in the theme's cfg file and the dimensions filling the whole screen of the specific target). so you best put all the static info such as aa before your first vp declaration.
of course, putting the album art into the default vp only allows for limited conditional aa display.
you can also put the aa in it's own vp with the according dimensions:
Code:
%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%Vdc
%Vl|c|0|0|176|176|-|-|-|
%C
on the first line, i define how aa shall be loaded. you cannot skip this step, otherwise the wps parser won't know how to handle the %C line.
next i let vp "c" be displayed.
on the third line the vp "c" is defined. note that the definition of the vp must be after the display.
last line defines what is displayed in vp "c", namely aa.
see, aa is very similar to conditional VPs. you have a definition line and a displaying line.
now the merits of using conditional VPs is, that you can do such wonderful things like "only display aa if the volume is not changed" etc.
Thanks so much!!! I understand most of that, I think. Thanks for explaining!
__________________
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 05-12-2009, 07:02 AM
ballincolin's Avatar
ballincolin ballincolin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brez View Post
Code:
#Desaturated by BallinColin  2009 Colin Hearon, all rights reserved.
%X|bg.bmp|
%xl|a|play.bmp|0|0|
%xl|b|pause.bmp|0|0|
%xl|c|ff.bmp|0|0|
%xl|d|rw.bmp|0|0|
%xl|e|stop.bmp|0|0|
%xl|f|v1.bmp|0|0|
%xl|g|v2.bmp|0|0|
%xl|h|v3.bmp|0|0|
%xl|i|v4.bmp|0|0|
%xl|j|v5.bmp|0|0|
%xl|k|v6.bmp|0|0|
%xl|l|v7.bmp|0|0|
%xl|m|v8.bmp|0|0|
%xl|n|v9.bmp|0|0|
%xl|o|v10.bmp|0|0|
%wd

%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C

#Progress Bar
%pb|pb.bmp|2|176|172|6|
#volume (32x27)
%V|144|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?pv<%xdf|%xdg|%xdh|%xdi|%xdj|%xdk|%xdl|%xdm|%xdn|%xdo>
#play status (32x27)
%V|0|193|32|27|-|-|-|
%?mp<%xde|%xda|%xdb|%xdc|%xdd>
#Current time (24x14)
%V|2|185|24|14|0|-|-|
%pc
#Remaining time (30x14)
%V|142|185|30|14|0|-|-|
-%pr
#Song name (128x14)
%V|24|181|128|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?it<%it|Unkown Song>
#Artist name (110x14)
%V|33|194|110|14|1|-|-|
%s%ac%?ia<%ia|Unknown Artist>
#Song Rating (50x10)
%V|32|209|50|10|0|-|-|
%rr % sStars
#Year
%V|118|209|25|10|0|-|-|
%iy
^ Seems to work.

I just moved the
%Cl|0|0|l176|t176|
%C
from the bottom.
Thanks!
__________________
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb
Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
album art, rockbox coding, theme

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.